ONKYO-875 Is this still a great Amp

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi all

Is this amp still a good amp to buy, i know it is replaced now but i can get one pretty cheap, the reviews a very good but just wonderd what owners of this Amp thought, including the the What-HiFi team any thoughts would be appreciated.

Andy

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Had mine over a year. Does everything I could ask of it. I'll not upgrade/replace it until it dies, which hopefully will never happen.

A

Anonymous

This was and is still a SUPERB A/V amp. I've been looking for one but haven't had much luck. I would take this amp over any of the new ones (up to £1k) anyday - it has all the specs you cpuld possibly want.

If you decide not to buy it, please let me know who the seller is so I can buy it.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the advice,finally how does the internal upscaler fair is this the best why way to get top PQ through the amp, or would it depend on which Blu-ray player you have ie a pioneer or denon, i know this is a point of contention some say let the player do the upscaling, others say let the Amp do it, what are your thoughts.

Many thanks

Andy

A

Anonymous

Thats where I got mine. It's an amazing reciever and built like a brick s house. To think I was thinking of selling mine, man...I must be desperate, well actually I am in need of cash having no job and all. Would regret buying it if it was not for the fact that its the nuts.

A

Anonymous

If you got a decent blu-ray player like the ones you mentioned then I would use them to scale and go straight throught the reciever only using the reciever for the hd sound part will be better. I only found it useful when I wanted to run lower quality sources through to a hdmi connection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts