Onkyo 706 and 806

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there any real difference between the onkyo706 and 806 i know the 806 has a bit more power. But when you compare the specs on onkyo's website they seem pretty identical to me. Could anyone elaborate on this please.

A

Anonymous

techno:Is there any real difference between the onkyo706 and 806 i know the 806 has a bit more power. But when you compare the specs on onkyo's website they seem pretty identical to me. Could anyone elaborate on this please.
Apart from its appearance and power, I think the main difference between the 706 and the 806 is the THX. 706 only has THX Select2 Plus. On the other hand, the 806 has THX Ultra2 Plus.

How do you choose the right THX Certified products for your listening environment? THX has established performance categories based on the size of specific listening areas. For example, a THX Select2 Certified AV receiver is engineered for rooms with a viewing distance of approximately 10 - 12 feet from the display to the primary seating position. By contrast, THX Ultra2 Certified products are engineered for rooms with a viewing distance of 12 feet and beyond.

A

Anonymous

i went for the 806 cause it looks better and there's less buttons on show for little fingers to touch!

haven't got thx speakers so didn't think the thx options were as important, the 806 really does kick it out though with music and movies!

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I would agree that you really need TXH certified speakers, otherwise I think THX is largely irrelevant. Also, THX certified gear meets certain criteria, to produce a specific type of surround sound mix. It doesn't necessarily mean it sounds better.

TRENDING THREADS