Onkyo 515Dab seems on the bright side

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there

Wondered if anyone could offer some advice. Bought the Onkyo together with Monitor Audio BR2s. After some playing the sound seemed a bit boxy on the mid range, so I changed the speakers over to my Ruark Prelude "s ( I know chalk and cheese and all that!). The sound I get from the Ruarks is far more full, but the music seems a bit on the bright side now. Anyone have any suggestions? the system and BR2s were not broken in but I am not sure what way to go now and whether the edge will come off the system, the BR2s will lose the boxyness, or I should change speakers. I want something with a really full sound, spacious and open.

Any suggestions welcome

Cheers

Shari

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Because of the engineering nature of speakers, the older - higher end pair will, normally, out preform the new - lower end pair.
Brightness? I don't know if the Prelude can be sand fill at the bottom half of the carbinet? I done that with my old Talisman 2 and the bass firm up to balance the slightly bright treble.

A

Anonymous

I may try that

The other alternative is to stay with the Br2s until they break in and see where we are then. I have come down from a pretty good Cyrus sytem with PMC FB1s to this, so there is bound to be a huge difference. The Br2s have great base and treble, but the mid band is a bit hemmed in. It may be the becuase thats what you get at this price. I would be happy to buy another set of speakers at a higher price is there are any recommendations, but I maybe stuck with what I have currently

Cheers

Shari

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts