ONKYO 515 OR 715 AND WHAT SPEAKERS?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm fairly new to this and looking to buy a decent micro system with upgraded speakers.

All reviews point me to Onkyo 515 but is the 715 worth the extra £100?

Also every shop recommends different speakers. I don't mind spending a bit extra for a good pair but not sure i'll notice the improvement the extra cash buys.

Any thoughts on Wharfdale 9.1 Anniversary (£150) Monitor BR2's (£180) or B&W 686's (£250). I'm drawn to the 686's but are they worth the money in this type of set up?

Also will they all be equally well driven by the Onkyo 515 or will i need the extra power of the 715? I don't really want to spen the extra £100 unless it's really necessary.

I only have a small living room so low/mid volume detailed sound is more important.

Your help and especially that of the experts will be most appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

I'm in the same position as you and have been looking at the reviews and forums too. I couldn't make my mind up either until elsewhere on this forum I saw a link to this deal that someone had got -

http://www.thehomecinemacentre.co.uk/hifi-systems-onkyo-cs715.html

You get an Onkyo 715DAB + Tannoy F1 Custom speakers for £330 (the website is misleading as it describes the unit aa the non-Dab version and the speakers as the bog standard F1s but I got confirmation from the shop and from the original poster on the forum). They've also got 10% off all orders until tomorrow so you get them both for less than £300. That's cheaper than any of the lower spec 515 deals.

It certainly made my choice easier. I've not received them yet but I'm hopeful they'll sound good. There's a link here to what the other guy thought -

http://whathifi.com/forums/p/5327/29689.aspx#29689

A

Anonymous

I'm not too sure about the performance of the Tannoys though; although they got the under £150 Award no one seems to be recommending them.

Cheers for the link though i'll check it out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts