One Dish, Two Tellies! Help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My main LG 42" LCD HD TV is in the sitting room. It is connected to a communal single feed dish and Humax FoxSat running Freesat.

My second TV is a 19" Orion HD ready TV and it is in the bedroom. I currently watch analogue TV on it via an aerial.

In readiness for the digital switchover, how can I EASILY take the signal from my sitting room TV/Humax to my bedroom TV so that I can watch digitally on both sets? Not necessarily simultaneously!

I do, however, need to be able to watch different channels on each of the sets at any given time so that when I have a disagreement with her indoors over what to watch, one of us can view something different in another room!

N.B. Freeview is NOT available in my area.

Is there a way to use the network cabling via the electric mains or is that something for the future?

I'm looking for a simple, effective fix please!

A

Anonymous

I dont think you can split the satellite signal as the line that come's from the dish to the point on your wall is carrying a signal off the dish aswell as power, its the power side of things you can't split. If there was a way of splitting the signal easily then allot of people would have gone for this rather than having allot of line's coming from the dish itself.

There are some forums on the web about numerous people who have found a way of splitting the signal but if you can understand the science to do it, that would be one thing but most of the modications take place on the dish itself and being you are on a communal dish, it means you have no access to it.

Sadly i don't think there is a option to help you to get 2 Freesat signal's regarding your situation :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts