On-screen ads getting out of control?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No wonder I use an ad-blocker. This is what this site looks like on my wife's PC running Firefox. This is supposed to be 'Active Forum Topics' but on her laptop's 1368x768 display there's so much ad-content at the top of the page you actually have to scroll down before you see anything of the actual forum except its title. The situation gets slightly better at least after you log in.

If I routinely got hit with all this when I visted WHF on my Mac I just wouldn't bother coming. I know the site is funded by adverts, but bloody hell fire.

Untitled_zpscaprema1.jpg

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
simonlewis said:
It's been like this for ages i'm surprised you haven't noticed before, you get audio too.

Usually I'm on my Mac with Adblocker and I don't see any of this. When I access from work (weekday lunchtimes mainly), the security setting on the PCs also block all the ads. So all this is new to me. However today I just happened to be sat at Mrs Fubar's Win7 laptop, I came here and I couldn't believe it. Not only was no actual content visible on the page because nearly all the spaces was consumed by ads, there was so much sh-t running on the webpage all at once that it was as laggy as hell and the fan on the poor little laptop was going crazy.

jjbomber

MajorFubar said:
Usually I'm on my Mac with Adblocker and I don't see any of this. When I access from work (weekday lunchtimes mainly), the security setting on the PCs also block all the ads. So all this is new to me. However today I just happened to be sat at Mrs Fubar's Win7 laptop, I came here and I couldn't believe it. Not only was no actual content visible on the page because nearly all the spaces was consumed by ads, there was so much sh-t running on the webpage all at once that it was as laggy as hell and the fan on the poor little laptop was going crazy.

Adblock Plus is free to install and stops all these pop-ups and ads. Install it NOW!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts