Oldest vintage trio still in use ?

Geoff P.

Mar 29, 2022
Visit site
Just a bit of fun to see which makers are surviving the rigours of time the best. Tell us your amp/speakers/turntable combo ages and total for the trio ( needs to be still in use, obviously ).
I'll start us off ( but fully expect to get beaten ) :
Amp Denon DRA 455 bought new 2001
Speakers Mission 750 LE bought new 1999
TT Thorens TD166 Mk2 bought s/h 1999, but circa 1980
Total age = 89 years ( also have Marantz CD5400, from 2006 ! )
( None of these are the oldest kit I own, as the Seiko "Monaco" watch I bought new in 1975 is still alive and kicking ! )
Geoff P.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
I have a number of items/products that have stood the test of time and most of it considered budget at the time but will give today's midrange to low high end systems a run for there money.

The oldest setup up i have that is still rotation at what must be now 23 years young (all bought at the same time well speakers are little older)

NAD320bee NADc540 and depending on what I'm feeling mission 701 or 703, and even to this day it puts a smile on my face and a system ill never let go of.

The CD player is used every day as a transport into chord qutest in my main system

TBH i expect it will all outlive me.

Geoff P.

Mar 29, 2022
Visit site
Hey DT600 ! I was just about to concede there, but noticed you've listed 4 turntables ! Do you have a working vintage system (given that the 301 is doing so much of the heavy lifting ? ! ).
Aversaurus - I think you could be on a winner- any vintage speakers ? ( I think this could be the stumbling block for a lot of people, as the crumbling foam surrounds syndrome has done for a lot of them, my old Wharfedales included ).
GP

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts