old technics hifi with vu meter

hybridauth_Facebook_664715932

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

My cousin bought a technics hifi from a well know auction site, he called me over to set it up for him. Considering it's age (20years), it's in rather pristine condition and also the speakers are well built, not the kind that came with jvc/aiwa/ pioneer all in one system in the 90s Having set it up I must say I was impressed by the sound. I was even more impressed by the Uv meters feature, they look really cool. I wish more manufacturer were doing them now. Technics in them were ahead of their time, don't know what happened after that even with the recent come back they haven't managed make much of an impression.
Any way next time I upgrade my amp I would defo look for the uv meter feature, all the ones that do uv meter seem to be very expensive so will have to have a bigger budget or find a 2nd hand or an exdem 1.
Thanks

Animesh Ghose said:
Hi all

My cousin bought a technics hifi from a well know auction site, he called me over to set it up for him. Considering it's age (20years), it's in rather pristine condition and also the speakers are well built, not the kind that came with jvc/aiwa/ pioneer all in one system in the 90s Having set it up I must say I was impressed by the sound. I was even more impressed by the Uv meters feature, they look really cool. I wish more manufacturer were doing them now. Technics in them were ahead of their time, don't know what happened after that even with the recent come back they haven't managed make much of an impression. Any way next time I upgrade my amp I would defo look for the uv meter feature, all the ones that do uv meter seem to be very expensive so will have to have a bigger budget or find a 2nd hand or an exdem 1. Thanks

Must admit I still hanker after the older amps. My Pioneer SA-706 had the VU wattage meters. Like you just wish more modern amps had the meters. They ooze charm and personality.

Here's my old'un in action.

chebby said:

Yeah I know. The Yam appeals to me more (on looks alone) than the other two.

But as I said in the previous post, wish MORE companies would embrace that retro feel.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
XL_AP1_iPhone_iPad.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts