OK its been bugging me. do they sound different...?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Do the MA BR2s with the boring black plasticky surround around the, er, drivers (? - boy, i really know my stuff!) sound different to the ones with the more metallic silvery surrounds...? Id post pictures so you know what im gibbering about, but i dunno how, and i couldnt find pics of the former.

A

Anonymous

I was speaking with a dealer near me and he was telling me how Monitor has packed up all of their manufacturing for the non-high end speakers to china, and that there's been a noticeable decline in quality. Do the black surrounds and silver ones correspond to older and newer models?

I don't know if I believe him though, it shouldn't matter where something is manufactured as long as the same quality controls and standards are applied.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="raypalmer"]I was speaking with a dealer near me and he was telling me how Monitor has packed up all of their manufacturing for the non-high end speakers to china, and that there's been a noticeable decline in quality. Do the black surrounds and silver ones correspond to older and newer models?

I don't know if I believe him though, it shouldn't matter where something is manufactured as long as the same quality controls and standards are applied.[/quote]

Often Chinese made stuff is of a higher quality than their UK counterparts. It would be interesting to test UK and Chinese models side to side though.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="fr0g"]It would be interesting to test UK and Chinese models side to side though.[/quote]

Not possible. The chinese model will be surrounded by an army of viscious little blue clad speakers preventing you from getting to it.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="raypalmer"]I was speaking with a dealer near me and he was telling me how Monitor has packed up all of their manufacturing for the non-high end speakers to china, and that there's been a noticeable decline in quality. Do the black surrounds and silver ones correspond to older and newer models?

I don't know if I believe him though, it shouldn't matter where something is manufactured as long as the same quality controls and standards are applied.[/quote]

i forgot id even posted this! i THINK there is a link to older/newer models, yes. but i only think that as most pics look one way and mine another. Oh, by the by, mine look like the pic in the add on page 171 of the last WHF?S&V.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts