October edition

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Just purchased a WHF mag for the first time in 10 years. Some interesting 2 channel reviews, although there's several pages dedicated to 'Temptation' section - way out of my price bracket, but new Epos speakers look interesting.
Magazine is so thin these days compared with yesteryear. Could be lack of advertisements or features.

Gray

Hi-fi Choice has a buying guide.
I'm in a '4 for £4' subscription at the moment.

Previously did a '3 for £1' sub with them, now that was good (the postage must have lost them money).

I've bought every UK title over the years - sadly the full cover price of current mags means it's probably only a matter of time before they all go the way of Hi-Fi World.

Buyers guide seems to have gone AWOL.
Didn’t I read here some years ago that someone worked all month on the guide? They tracked new price lists, asked manufacturers to update them, and rang around if something wasn’t clear.

But now by the time it’s printed it’s out of date, and we all use the internet.

Having spent countless thousands of hours since I was about 10 years old poring over car price lists, 0-60 times, etc., then Hifi specs, I miss the magazine formats too!

At Tesco last night I purchased the Award Winners mag for a giggle. Haven't purchased the Awards version since the mid 2000s. Not much had changed, still have the usual suspects in the amp and CD section with one exception: Arcam have hit the heights of the early 2000s with two amps and a CDP.

I'm okay with that as a past Arcam fanboy.

(And no, won't be changing my amp anytime soon😋)

Reactions: Al ears

jjbomber

At Tesco last night I purchased the Award Winners mag for a giggle. Haven't purchased the Awards version since the mid 2000s. Not much had changed, still have the usual suspects in the amp and CD section with one exception: Arcam have hit the heights of the early 2000s with two amps and a CDP.

I'm okay with that as a past Arcam fanboy.

(And no, won't be changing my amp anytime soon😋)
You can read the mag in Tesco while your wife does the shopping! One less magazine going to the landfill.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts