Nuforce dda-100 or alternative and what speakers to go with it?

0_0

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've been looking for a digital to audio converter preferably with the amplifier integrated and someone recommended the nuforce dda100. In the same price range I've also seen the Olasonic USB DAC Nanocompo and not much else to be honest. Are there other alternatives and what do you think of them?

Secondly what speakers would you recommend with it in the under $1000 price range?

Thanks!

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
The Wadia 151Powerdacmini is the direct competitor for the Nuforce. If you purchase the Nuforce or Wadia, please share your thoughts on how they sound with us. I know Wadia has paired the 151 with a number of small monitors from Dynaudio. So anything from the Dynaudio DM2/6, DM2/7 or Excite X12 should work.

0_0

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations,

mmm... Wadia vs Nuforce, now that's a tough one. Wadia is older and used to be $1,300, I don't know if I should take it as a good or a bad sign. ANy reason why I should go with one over the other?

As for the speakers I suppose I could just buy the amp first and then since it's so portable carry it around to try different speakers in audio shops. I've read somewhere that dynaudio speakers were generally "tough" to drive and these look like really small amps but I suppose the Wadia people know what they're doing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts