Now heres a little story.

davidlu

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I needed to upgrade my system and make it less obtrusive so i seized the moment when my nice yamaha surround amp stopped working on the volume control...... Not mentioning that it still worked on the remote i said out loud " Oh no, the amp is broken "

To which my wife replied " No need to go through that routine, I suppose we will be taking a trip to town to look round the hi fi shops " She knows me too well !

Ended up in Rayliegh Hi Fi, Colchester. Told them i wanted one unit with disc player included. There only option was the the Aracam solo movie. Didn't like the price ...... £2000. Asked my better half what she thought. " I'll go halves she said " !!!!!

Paid for it. Delivery next day.

Part 2

Wanted to look in Hughes tv. They keep a good stock of affordable stuff in the Colchester branch. SHE jumped in and said " What price do you sell the Aracam for ? " They are not agents says i......... "I'll have a look" says the manager.

"We have a few. One in unopened box. Here tomorrow. £1400"

Explained the situation and that i would go back to cancel the Rayleigh deal. If it was only a few quid i wouldnt have bothered. Rayleigh got on the phone to Arcam rep and they matched it. Out of what i had saved i bought the Hughes manager a nice bottle of champers. Least i could do after what he had saved me.

Did buy some IQ5's a Sub woofer and kef rears from Hughes later on.

Oh and a project tt. The less said about that the better.

We are neat and tidy and enjoying our music so much.

davidlu

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if i should mention it (Overegging the pudding) but she doesn't like soaps. That means the telly goes off quite a lot and on goes the music.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
davidlu said:
Don't know if i should mention it (Overegging the pudding) but she doesn't like soaps. That means the telly goes off quite a lot and on goes the music.

Do you live in Stepford by any chance? :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts