(not so) smiley

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
When I make a post or reply to post I do not have access to the smiley icons. They appear on screen for a few seconds then disappear. Everything else works fine. I have tried using a couple of different browsers but the problem remains.

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening? Is it a problem with my computer?

Any help or views appreciated.

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks very much Andrew.
emotion-2.gif

John Duncan

Hi Jim - do you happen to use Safari or Chrome, out of interest? Because I know that the editor has issues with those two browsers - if this is the case, you may be better off with the text-only editor, which at least will allow you to format posts manually (though one of s will need to change it for you).

One of the things we'll be fixing shortly...

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Hi Jim - do you happen to use Safari or Chrome, out of interest? Because I know that the editor has issues with those two browsers - if this is the case, you may be better off with the text-only editor, which at least will allow you to format posts manually (though one of s will need to change it for you). One of the things we'll be fixing shortly...

John

Whatever Andrew did has worked. I use Explorer, although tried several others like firefox and safari. They had no effect.

I am now like a kid in a smiley shop
emotion-1.gif

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi, everyone, could someone help, please? I've recrently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, and have problems inputting test when replying to posts, and also cannot view smileys - all I get is a box, with a red cross and a text description of the smiley. Where should I correct these, please? I had to disable rich text to enter this query.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts