No surround sound coming out from tv on internet

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have a panasonic tx-p55vt50b connected to my yamaha amp rx 1067 with a hdmi lead. The tv is a new purchase and I have set up a wireless connection to enable me to enjoy the various internet features the tv offers. No problem in accessing the various apps, but I'm receiving no sound via my amp. If I disable the amp, then I do hear sound via my tv speakers. I'm guessing I need an additional cable!

What I dont understand though is my ps3 is connected to the same amp via hdmi and when I access the internet via the ps3, I hear sound via my amp.

Can anyone provide me with some guidance please.

A

Anonymous

[UNPUBLISHED]

Thanks for your response.

Its already set to play via home cinema and does when watching anything other than when I access the internet:?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your response.

Its already set to play via home cinema and does when watching anything other than when I access the internet:?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
This is presumably trying to use the ARC functionality to send sound from the TV back across the HDMI cable? If so, what kind of HDMI cable do you have - I think this will need to be one that is certified as high speed to allow this to work. Also, the spec of the TV says Input 2 has ARC functionality - is your amp connected into the HDMI socket labelled Input 2 on the TV? If not try this and see if that fixes it.

The reason the PS3 works okay is because all sound is travelling from the PS3 to one of the amp's HDMI input sockets, so all sound will work okay. For the TV, you're trying to send sound back to the amp's HDMI output socket using the ARC function, and this is why things differ.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Professorhat. Excellent advice which resolved the problem. Thank you.

However it's created a new problem now. When I turn the tv on, I have to press a switch on the remote to switch to hdmi2 to watch tv. Previously it was assigned to hdmi1 so tv came on automatically . Any ideas how I can teach the tv to switch onto hdmi2. Tv is assigned in set up menumtomswitch onto av as oppose to tv, but other than that I'm struggling

Thanks for any help

A

Anonymous

Edit

Last line should read. tv is assigned in set up menu to switch on via av as oppose to tv , but other than that I'm struggling

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I can't help with this one I'm afraid as I don't know that TV. I'm guessing there's no setting to default to powering on to a certain HDMI input?

If not, my only other suggestion would be looking at one of the Logitech Harmony remotes (or other manufacturer's equivalent) which you could program to actually change the input to the HDMI Input 2 whenever you switched the TV on. You wouldn't need one of the high end ones for this, the basic 300 model (or 300i which has a glossy finish) would be able to do this.

A

Anonymous

Thanks again Professorhat/

I was going to look into the Harmony remotes to keep my family happy:)

Incidentally I have discovered the Panasonic hotel mode which allows me to set the tv to switch onto hdmi2 - saves me pressing a button, but again more for the family and ease of use.

Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts