No streaming, CDP but Vinyl?

The One

Aug 31, 2022
Visit site
I don't like streaming and will go back to physical medium. First i thought cd but with my music, symphonic metal, many bad cd's because of the loudness war like Once from Nightwish. There is now also a Vinyl version of Once. Isn't Vinyl the best?

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi, are you making a statement or asking a question?

Anyhow, I agree that listening off-grind is starting to gain more traction among the cool kids, ultimately you "own" nothing and the content can be removed with no warning when streaming.

Loudness wars is just something you have to deal with nothing you can do about it so forget about it and enjoy the music as best you can. CDs to me especially going into outboard DAC, sound far better than streaming even when compared to the "hi-res" versions. I have a 23-year-old Nad c540 going into a Chord Qutest, and I like to take the DAC out of the chain from time to time as a flavour change ie use the CD player bear bones.

Vinyl I also like, BUT theoretically, the format is not better, you may prefer it though. Vinyl especially modern vinyl tends to receive a more "sympathetic" recording of the master due to its limitation ie lessens the effect of the loudness wars due to technical limitations of the format. so that may appeal. and example of this is Daft punks RAM, it's widely known the vinyl release received the best master.

Ultimitaly its up to you what format to go with but id have CD in the chain alongside vinyl to cut down on wear and tear. CD players can be had very cheaply on the second-hand market these days and actually think they sound better than today's offerings, just bear in mind some of the players are getting old.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts