A while back I bought the Clearaudio Concept MC, to get it to hook up to my old amp I was told I needed the preamp and didn't know it came as a standalone headphone preamp. It all worked but then I upgraded to the Elex-R, got rid of my old amp without thinking and now realise there's no headphone option.

Is there any way of bringing headphones back into the mix without buying another preamp?

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Gavin Morris said:
A while back I bought the Clearaudio Concept MC, to get it to hook up to my old amp I was told I needed the preamp and didn't know it came as a standalone headphone preamp. It all worked but then I upgraded to the Elex-R, got rid of my old amp without thinking and now realise there's no headphone option. Is there any way of bringing headphones back into the mix without buying another preamp?

Unless someone here knows the gear you have, you won't get an answer. But if you describe your gear and what its inputs and outputs are, other people might have a suggestion.

PSB M4U2, lovely sound quality.

Where does this hook up to in the turntable/preamp/amp set up? Each one only has one form of out option. The Concept has fixed cables coming out, the preamp only has one set of out points and the only out point for the Elex-R only has speaker cable hook ups for output. I suppose it could sit between the preamp and amp?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
We've gone way too addicted to all-in-one solutions.

The Rega Elext-R has 5! input slots, one line output and one pre-out (for extra power amp). The point is to use the Rega as a hub and build your system around it compromise free. You can add a BT 4.0 AptX receiver, headphone amp, CD, lots of stuff.

luckylion100 said:
you seem a little confused.

Vlad answered your question above, any external headphone amp can be connected to the 'Record output' RCA socket on the rear panel of your Rega amp.

http://images.cdn.whathifi.com/sites/whathifi.com/files/styles/flexslider_desktop/public/brands/Rega/rega_elex-r_06.jpg?itok=UgtEWCjV&timestamp=1474382767

Sorry, you're right I was confused. I blame it on the fact there is no instruction manual just a quick setup guide. I had no idea what half of the ports were for.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Gavin Morris said:
Sorry, you're right I was confused. I blame it on the fact there is no instruction manual just a quick setup guide. I had no idea what half of the ports were for.

The manufacturer probably thinks it's self explanatory. The amp has five pairs of stereo inputs (one of which is for a turntable and marked Phono) and two pairs of stereo outputs, one of which will be fixed level (Record Output) and one of which will be variable level via the volume control (Pre-amp Output). They probably didn't think there was much to explain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts