No Awards issue for subscriber

rjlawson

Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
I've switched to the Apple Newsstand subscription, but it says that the Awards is a 'Special Issue' and I have to pay £3.99 to view. At no point on the subscription page https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/what-hi-fi-sound-and-vision/id496516601 does it say anything about this. At the end of the last issue it says "Next Month" for the Awards issue so I assume I've bought a 6-month subscription, and will only get 5 issues? It would have been cheaper for me to carry on with a paper subscription.

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
I will investigate. Do you mean you bought a subscription but the Awards issue doesn't seem to be included? We have a separate subs team so I'm no expert on the matter but will pass it on...

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Joe, I'm a subscriber also and have paid for the awards edition thinking it was just a supplement, but it seems like the usual monthly mag with the awards included???

confused?

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Joe,

I've just checked the details on the store, it states 13 issues (1year) £34.99?

my subs auto renewed end of August, I paid £34.99. Plus I'm almost certain I didn't have to pay extra for the 2012 awards edition??

Can you re-check?

thanks

lxd55

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I appreciate this is confusing - I too was asked to pay for the Awards issue on iPad today, even though I have a 'permanent' subscription. Joe and I have raised it with our subs dept. It does say 'special issues are not included in subscriptions' on Apple Newstand, but I will seek clarification.

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clare no need to rub it I moved from Zinio to Apple store since, at the time Zinio were poor-doh! :)

Can you clarify that you didn't need to pay extra, assuming you have an annual subscription with them?

Andy, Joe any feedback from your end?

kr

lxd

lxd55

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Andy,

So I should get a credit back if my transaction was charged? I've not had an iTunes receipt emailed yet, but I do know there can be a delay of a few days for Apple to send.

kr

lxd

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Can you email me your subscriber details at whathifi@haymarket.com, with your iTunes receipt when you get it, and I'll pass the info on to our subs dept.

andykillen

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not getting the awards edition in Zinio as an available download. It does not show up in my iPad or on the Zinio website. Interestingly when I look at the subscribe page I see the awards edition, but when I login and go to my Zinio it shows last months edition.

Perhaps it is because I got my subscription in the Netherlands?

Either way I'd like to see who the winners were...

Regards

Andy

andykillen

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah not Such a great plan.... iPad 1 looks crap with that non-responsive viewing experience, not to mention not getting what I paid for. Shor term hacks through lesser quality mediums, will never match getting what I've paid for

andykillen

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes the iPAD is really that bad on a non-responsive site that is image/javascript heavy and slow to load and respond, oh and a 3rd lost to social networking....... And yes the iPAD 1 does crap out really easily of the browser. And yes it's so much easier to read the magazine on the iPAD than navigate a website.

As for out of date, if you want to dip into your pocket and buy me a new one, fine.

I'm glad you feel that trolling for giggles is the best thing to do.

Anyhow, it just brings me back to the heart of the discussion, where is the Awards edition that I paid for with my subscription?

andykillen

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes the iPAD is really that bad on a non-responsive site that is image/javascript heavy and slow to load and respond, oh and a 3rd lost to social networking....... And yes the iPAD 1 does crap out really easily of the browser. And yes it's so much easier to read the magazine on the iPAD than navigate a website.

As for out of date, if you want to dip into your pocket and buy me a new one, fine.

I'm glad you feel that trolling for giggles is the best thing to do.

Anyhow, it just brings me back to the heart of the discussion, where is the Awards edition that I paid for with my subscription?

andykillen

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
oh god, if the forum is so slow that it allows me to post twice due to not clearing the screen on submit on the laptop, there's no hope for the iPad.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts