No audio via optical output from PS3 into Arcam AV9 processor. Please help.......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

My problem seems to be a common one. However I still can not find a solution

I am running an optical lead from my PS3 into the VCR optical input in my AV9 processor. When changing the source to VCR on the AV9 i have no audio.

Is there anyone running optical from their ps3 into a processor. If so could you please share the secret into getting this working as I have read on other forums of a number of settings that need to be changed on the ps3.

I have assigned the audio to optical. I have tried to turn of the audio from the HDMI output however there seems to be a couple of settings that you can not change.

Please please help if you can...........

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi there, I use an optical cable from my PS3 to my processor. I didn't have to do anything special to get this working as it seemed to detect it all for me. However, these are my settings chosen under Sound Settings:

1. Digital Out (Optical)
2. I have following ticked (the bottom two are greyed out so cannot be deselected):

• Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch
  • DTS 5.1 Ch
  • AAC
  • Linear PCM 2 Ch 44.1 KHz
  • Linear PCM 2 Ch 48 KHz

Under the BD/DVD Settings, I have "BD Audio Output Format (Optical Digital)" set to Bitstream.

As I say, I haven't changed these, this is just what it detected when I first set the PS3 up and hooked it into my amp.

Hope this helps!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts