Nexus 5 to cost $349

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Nice one bigboss great spot :clap:

It seems to mirror the new version of the Nexus 7 tablet in style then which makes sense but I need confirmation of the all important specs of it before I decide if I'm going to upgrade...an announcement can't be far away now surely? The mooted 14th October launch date came and went without even a whisper but those images on the Google Play site hopefully point to some sort of news soon I hope :pray:

The specs and UK price will make me decide if it's this or a HTC One for me next.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
I went for HTC One for its superior build, & I'm not regretting at all! :)

What swayed you in the end? I thought you were leaning towards the Sony Experia Z? I would really appreciate your thoughts on music quality from it as that's the one thing I have not been able to test on that phone, you are right about build quality...it is a lovely bit of kit eh.

Cass

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Well, it's finally out - but currently priced at a rather disappointing £299 for the 16GB. Since $349 = around £218, I'd hoped it would be closer to that price in the UK. I was planning to grab one ASAP, but not sure whether to wait to see if there's a UK price adjustment. But then, it might sell out! Decisions, decisions.

D

Deleted member 2457

Sounds good:

http://www.whathifi.com/news/google-nexus-5-phone-is-official#comment-2897831

Oldboy said:
bigboss said:
I went for HTC One for its superior build, & I'm not regretting at all! :)

What swayed you in the end? I thought you were leaning towards the Sony Experia Z? I would really appreciate your thoughts on music quality from it as that's the one thing I have not been able to test on that phone, you are right about build quality...it is a lovely bit of kit eh.

Sorry, I missed your post. I found the Sony Xperia Z1 to be too large for my liking, & HTC One felt just right. Music quality is actually very good. I listen to Spotify & some downloaded music.

D

Deleted member 2457

Link here for anyone who can't find it:

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

daveh75

Its pointless to compare US and UK pricing.

Its still a top of the range phone that's almost half what comparable phones cost.

I've ordered one of each of the 32gb, which took some URL hackery since the play store was messed up for me and only showing 16gb black models

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheaper here:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/phones/nexus-5?intcmp=HP_HERO_1

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I've taken the plunge, too. I knew that I wanted the 32gb, but I couldn't decide on the colour. So, I asked my 3 year old daughter and she said white. :)

Cass

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Having complained about the price yesterday, I pulled the trigger on the black 16GB version this morning! Hopefully it will be a major step up in quality compared to my current Samsung Galaxy Ace. And yes, the tenner delivery charge is annoying...

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Cass said:
Having complained about the price yesterday, I pulled the trigger on the black 16GB version this morning! Hopefully it will be a major step up in quality compared to my current Samsung Galaxy Ace. And yes, the tenner delivery charge is annoying...

If you're going for the 16gb, order it from Carphone Warehouse instead. It's £295 and delivery is free.

You still should be able to cancel the order.

Cass

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Pindi said:
If you're going for the 16gb, order it from Carphone Warehouse instead. It's £295 and delivery is free.

Good shout. I've just done exactly that and saved myself £15. Also getting it delivered to my local CW store, saving the hassle of having to be in to receive a delivery.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Cass said:
Pindi said:

Good shout. I've just done exactly that and saved myself £15. Also getting it delivered to my local CW store, saving the hassle of having to be in to receive a delivery.

Always happy to help. :grin:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts