Newbie - bookshelf speaker mounts?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Recently got a Teac Reference 300 system (had an all in one Teac micro before that) with decent cable and Bose 301s - both old but work a treat. Also just upgraded the CD to Amp interconnects for a bit of a bargain.

The speakers need to be mounted about 18" from the wall - fine on one side but I need to fit a shelf for the other - but can I find a decent shelf anywhere?! No I can't!! Dad (a very skilled carpenter) has offered to make one but he may not be here for a while - any options? Ebay only has mounts for little satellite speakers!

The sound BTW is superb - it's only 45W RMS but it's amazingly clear and the bass is just right.

Dad is a bass player who toured with Thin Lizzy (they were his band's support band - Dad taught Phil Lynett to play guitar properly and still does session bass stuff) so have a decent ear for good sound although luckily for my wallet (and our marriage!) I've not gone silly money wise!

Thanks all and sorry for the rambling first post!

A

Anonymous

About 20" long by 8" wide (and about 8" high) - not too heavy but heavy enough to require proper wall fixing.

John Duncan

Hm yes quite wide (14" according to spec btw), I think you might struggle to find a traditional wall bracket. Do they have mounting bolts on the rear, or have you searched for a dedicated Bose bracket?

A

Anonymous

It was a bit of a guess (and they are older ones - might be slightly bigger?!).

Bose do a wall bracket/shelf but it's mk4 only (latest model) - no fixing points on the speakers, just plain mdf (or whatever they are made of!) cabinets - really just need something to rest one on but something that won't break off.

A seemingly simple requirement that's proving to be tricky to solve!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts