admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Newrack/stand and a better viewing distance. Going for the PS3 next week

Photo-0016-1.jpg

Photo-0013-1.jpg

Photo-0011-1.jpg

Photo-0012-1.jpg

These canvas paintings are taken from Space Odyssey: 2001. Painted by my Dad many years ago and are stunning

Photo-0012.jpg

Photo-0013.jpg

idc

Hi jase. Yes, a mate has bought a Sony Bravia LCD something 40" to replace his old CRT 32", but was complaining it didn't look right. It was because his seating position was too close to the TV.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Is the TV not set a little bit to low from such a close viewing position? it's just from the pics it looks like your eye line is about the same as the top of your TV.

A

Anonymous

Yes the sofa is too close :) I can easily move it back, I was experimenting with the room layout. I usually have it much further back. I also intend on purchasing a better TV stand, one that raises the TV to a higher level. Thankyou for the input guys, this setup is in the working...next PS3 too.

A

Anonymous

Looks very nice, especially the paintings!!

I can simpothise with the distance your sitting from the TV. I have a 30" Apple display on my desk and I only sit about a foot and a half away from it, need to turn my head to see it all, so you're nowhere near as bad as me...

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The main problem with sitting too close to your display is that you will notice inperfections in the picture far more and by moving even a little further away you will actually enjoy the TV more. The same goes with having your TV at a good veiwing hight (personally I would recomend that your seated eye line level is roughly in line with the middle of the screen) IMHO this is even more important with LCD as the picture is very dependant on veiwing angles (dip you head below the screen and whach the picture almost dissapear!)

A

Anonymous

Bought a new tv stand today, looks gorgeous, tv now sits at the correct height. I have moved the sofa back much further, have to say I am very pleased now :)

A

Anonymous

ScottH:Bought a new tv stand today, looks gorgeous, tv now sits at the correct height. I have moved the sofa back much further, have to say I am very pleased now :)

Beam him up, Scotty! (Only continuing the space theme........gets coat)

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Those paintings are sweet! And what's flashier than the CM7s? Gotta love 'em. Need a close up of the Yamaha. You are definately a style & function man. Me too...

You've inspired me...got to get some art on the bare wall over my hi-fi...

A

Anonymous

Just as its you jax, illl post sum juicy pics of the yam in the next few days. Style and function are very important yes. I think ill get some close ups of those paintings too :)
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi scottH,what is the tv like as I have seen them for £400 from JL with 5 year warrinty,thanks .

A

Anonymous

For the money, the LE32B530P is a very good buy. It is fully HD thus gaming is impressive. Standard definition is good, no the best tuner around, but for £400 im not complaining. It has plenty connectivity, which is useful. Its 60:000 to 1 black ratio is quite good for a bargain tv. But as I said before, if I were to pick holes it would be the freeview tuner for its quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts