New TT, amp & speaker set up advice

Lopseychops

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello all,

This is my first dabble into the vinyl side of life having become a little bored, disaffected and detached with MP3.

I am looking at purchasing some entry level equipment from Richer Sounds in the shape of:

Project Debut Carbon TT, Cambridge Audio Topaz AM10 amp & Wharfedale Diamond 220 speakers.

Budget is £800-900.

I know most things are essentialy down to a personal choice, but does this look and sound to be a credible choice of setup? Should/could I be sacrificing cost for one componet against another to ensure a good quality sound within my budget?

I will mostly be listening to Led Zep, early REM & Joy Division.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Reasonable enough on paper.

If you have any chance to try a couple of different options, do so.

Thats a fair amount of money, try and make sure it is what you really want and will work in your home setup. Vinyl playback systems require a degree of expertese to choose and get right. Get your dealer involved.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Personally I would look at a better amplifier - Cambridge Audio 351A instead of the Topaz series, for example. I would spend a little more on the amp and a little less on speakers.

Lopseychops

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you both for taking the time to comment. All info logged and recorded.

In terms of upgrading the amp from the Cambridge Audio Topaz, I'm now looking at the Marantz PM6005.

CarlDW said:
Personally I would look at a better amplifier - Cambridge Audio 351A instead of the Topaz series, for example. I would spend a little more on the amp and a little less on speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts