new system! opion needed!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
tomorrow im picking up my new system which is as follow's Arcam cd192, rotel ra-o5 amp, moniter audio rs1 speakers, all for 1200 with cord cobra inter connect and nexus speaker stands, I will demo it tomorrow althought i'm sure it will sound sweet, i'd be grateful for some reply's about my set up, have i spent my money wisely? the arcam cd192 is only 415 pound's (ex display), good deal! cheer's.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I can vouch for the Arcam as I use one in my home hi-fi system and it's a terrific player - especially at that price! The Rotel amp won Best Buy under £500 in our 2006 Awards, and the RS1s are a solid five-star buy, so you've chosen wisely there too.

And if you do decide to upgrade at a later date, the Arcam CD192 would be more than comfortable partnered with pricier amplification and speakers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply andy, i wil upgrade the amp next, the arcam fmj a32 is available for 899 pounds and im really tempted but not for 6 month's or so, can't wait until tomorrow! cheer's.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="jimm"]tomorrow im picking up my new system which is as follow's Arcam cd192, rotel ra-o5 amp, moniter audio rs1 speakers, all for 1200 with cord cobra inter connect and nexus speaker stands, I will demo it tomorrow althought i'm sure it will sound sweet, i'd be grateful for some reply's about my set up, have i spent my money wisely? the arcam cd192 is only 415 pound's (ex display), good deal! cheer's[/quote]

I'm sorry but have to disagree with Andy. Yes, they are all 5star products but to partner a rotel amplifier with MA's RS1 is, in my opinion, a recipe for disaster ... or at least jaded ears. By any means listen to it in the shop but if I was you I'd insist on home trial for a day or two.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
[quote user="jimm"]tomorrow im picking up my new system which is as follow's Arcam cd192, rotel ra-o5 amp, moniter audio rs1 speakers, all for 1200 with cord cobra inter connect and nexus speaker stands, I will demo it tomorrow althought i'm sure it will sound sweet, i'd be grateful for some reply's about my set up, have i spent my money wisely? the arcam cd192 is only 415 pound's (ex display), good deal! cheer's[/quote]

I'm sorry but have to disagree with Andy. Yes, they are all 5star products but to partner a rotel amplifier with MA's RS1 is, in my opinion, a recipe for disaster ... or at least jaded ears. By any means listen to it in the shop but if I was you I'd insist on home trial for a day or two.
[/quote]
Depends on the room it's in and the ears listening to it! I used to run my Rotel and RS1s with the Kandy CDP, brighter than the Arcam 192 I suspect. I enjoyed it but it wasn't neutral in tonality! If you like a bright sound I think you'll get a lot of enjoyment from it. See how you get on. I hope you enjoy it. Worst case scenario you'll want to change a component in 6 months. Part of the fun.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="igglebert"] Worst case scenario you'll want to change a component in 6 months. Part of the fun.[/quote]

Is it? Personally I like to enjoy my new purchases for longer than that ...
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="drummerman"]
[quote user="igglebert"] Worst case scenario you'll want to change a component in 6 months. Part of the fun.[/quote]

Is it? Personally I like to enjoy my new purchases for longer than that ...
emotion-11.gif

[/quote]
OK, you win...who am I trying to kid...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
It'll depend a lot on the room - carpets + soft furnishings + small room can be ideal for an upfront system to thrive in. Put in something more mellow and it can sound sludgy, for instance.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]It'll depend a lot on the room - carpets + soft furnishings + small room can be ideal for an upfront system to thrive in. Put in something more mellow and it can sound sludgy, for instance.
[/quote]

Yes thats where a home dem is invaluable

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
It'll depend a lot on the room - carpets + soft furnishings + small room can be ideal for an upfront system to thrive in. Put in something more mellow and it can sound sludgy, for instance.

[/quote]

You are so right there. Most people are of the opinion that my system is so sharp/agressive it should peel the paint off the walls, but my room emulates the above almost to the letter - deep pile carpets, big sofas and small room. Trust me when I say it sounds great...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts