New subwoofer/speakers

dtugarte

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

I am currently running a b&w 685 speaker package with a KEF kube 1 subwoofer. I have just moved house into a larger open plan living room/kitchen now and am wondering if the KEF sub is really powerful enough to fill the larger room. Don't really want to fork out for a brand new sub so was looking on eBay, have come across the Kube 2 which is the same as my kube 1 but with 10" drivers instead of the 8" on the kube 1. Also found the KEF psw2010 or the Cambridge audio minx x200 or x300. I like the look of the Cambridge minx packages and am also considering maybe looking for a full minx speaker package as well but am not sure if I would regret the decision. I am want a system that's as happy with music and movies as I have a roughly equal split, I also tend to push the volume high on music so something that can handle power is ideal. Any advice would be appreciated, just for reference I am using a denon 2200.

Thanks

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
dtugarte said:
Hi all

I am currently running a b&w 685 speaker package with a KEF kube 1 subwoofer. I have just moved house into a larger open plan living room/kitchen now and am wondering if the KEF sub is really powerful enough to fill the larger room. Don't really want to fork out for a brand new sub so was looking on eBay, have come across the Kube 2 which is the same as my kube 1 but with 10" drivers instead of the 8" on the kube 1. Also found the KEF psw2010 or the Cambridge audio minx x200 or x300. I like the look of the Cambridge minx packages and am also considering maybe looking for a full minx speaker package as well but am not sure if I would regret the decision. I am want a system that's as happy with music and movies as I have a roughly equal split, I also tend to push the volume high on music so something that can handle power is ideal. Any advice would be appreciated, just for reference I am using a denon 2200.

Thanks

Why not go for a 2nd hand B&W ASW608 or 610 on ebay to match your current 685 speaker package?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts