New speakers for Creek Evo 2 Amp

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
I have an MA RS AV package in cherry and due to redecoration in the lounge I'd like to go for some oak finish speakers. Whatever I get for rs6,rs1 and rslcr could be put towards new standmounts. Any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

Would like to add my tuppenceworth to this if ok? :)

Been to a demo today at my local Audio T to listen to some Rega & Dynaudio stuff. There was a fell there with his own Creek Evo II amp, an MF X Ray CD player (I think that's what it was called) and he was demoing his amp and CDP side by side with an Audiolab CD player (most recent one, not sure of the name) and some Rega RS5's, Monitor Audio GX50's and GX100's as well as some KEF R100's and 300's.

The Creek Evo amp and Audiolab CD player were the best combo; we all heard that straight away. A much more open sound with a lot more detail and punch! Ever so slightly bright at the top end BUT the speaker cables bieng used were new as was the CD player.

The Monitor Audio GX50's, 100's and KEF R100's were the best speakers out of the lot. The Rega RS5's didnt do well at all and the KEF R300's were ok but seemed a bit too boomy at times and not as well timed.

For me the best speakers with the Monitor Audios; both the 50's and the 100's sounded fantastic and I was VERY surprised at how well the Creek handled them as I was told they can be tough to drive. The KEF R100's faired very well indeed and in a smaller room, closer to the speakers, they'd be my choice straight away.

If I had the budget though the Monitor Audios would be heavily demo'd along side the KEF R100's...

All in all the Creek Evo amp REALLY impressed me BUT they did add the Cyrus 8DAC amp and the Rega Brio R into the mix and the Cyrus pipped it for me but ONLY just, mainly due to the DAC being very good

tifosi20002008

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Greetings y'all

Let me throw in a wildcard. I have a creek evo 2 amp which is running a pair of Usher s520 standmounters. Its a combination which I've found to be stunning on all levels. Worth a look and they come in a wide range of colours. Though I'd probably steer clear of the yellow unless you want to wear sunglasses indoors. lol.

Just one point I have to make about the Usher's they take an age to run in. 75-100 hours So when demo'ing find a out how many hours they have on them.

Keep rocking :rockout:

therecruiter said:
Would like to add my tuppenceworth to this if ok? :)

Been to a demo today at my local Audio T to listen to some Rega & Dynaudio stuff. There was a fell there with his own Creek Evo II amp, an MF X Ray CD player (I think that's what it was called) and he was demoing his amp and CDP side by side with an Audiolab CD player (most recent one, not sure of the name) and some Rega RS5's, Monitor Audio GX50's and GX100's as well as some KEF R100's and 300's.

The Creek Evo amp and Audiolab CD player were the best combo; we all heard that straight away. A much more open sound with a lot more detail and punch! Ever so slightly bright at the top end BUT the speaker cables bieng used were new as was the CD player.

The Monitor Audio GX50's, 100's and KEF R100's were the best speakers out of the lot. The Rega RS5's didnt do well at all and the KEF R300's were ok but seemed a bit too boomy at times and not as well timed.

For me the best speakers with the Monitor Audios; both the 50's and the 100's sounded fantastic and I was VERY surprised at how well the Creek handled them as I was told they can be tough to drive. The KEF R100's faired very well indeed and in a smaller room, closer to the speakers, they'd be my choice straight away.

If I had the budget though the Monitor Audios would be heavily demo'd along side the KEF R100's...

All in all the Creek Evo amp REALLY impressed me BUT they did add the Cyrus 8DAC amp and the Rega Brio R into the mix and the Cyrus pipped it for me but ONLY just, mainly due to the DAC being very good

That's interesting to hear the comparisons between the Kef R300 and MA GXs.

When I had the Creek Evo2 on home dem I found it to be a fabulous amp, and had great synergy with my MAs. The only snag with the Creek, sound-wise, it was delivered straight from Creek themselves so it had zero miles on the clock. Ultimately the amp hadn't had time to fully open up. However, it demonstrated what a great little amp it is.

One last point: The remote control is the best I've seen, only beaten by a brick of a remote supplied by Plinius for their 9200 amp.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
therecruiter said:

Sounds like you should also hear the Kef LS 50s

Great to get your view.

Cno

A

Anonymous

I've listened to a Creek Evo 5350 amp with various Dynaudio speakers a while back.

This seems like a good match too.

A

Anonymous

CnoEvil said:
therecruiter said:

Sounds like you should also hear the Kef LS 50s

Great to get your view.

Cno

i wanted to but they're we're out on a home demo...

having read a lot of reviews on them I have a feeling they're not going to be for me unfortunately... :(

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Thought I'd update this thread. I went for RX6s - this was a gamble as I hadn't auditioned them with the Creek and I am yet to hook them up! I hope I haven't made a mistake...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts