new speakers : bookself or floorstanders ?

indietronic

May 21, 2008
Visit site
hi ! i'm in a dilemma of what to buy next floorstanders or not for my set. current setup consists of epos m12.2 roksan k2 and several sources ... but i'm selling epos speakers . listening room is almost 12 square meters, i'm moving to a new house soon though, where the room will be about 20m2. so i'm not sure what to do.. i am not quite happy with the sound, goes boomy and not transparent sometimes (placement is 100% ok) not sure exactly what is to blame speakers or amp (or maybe cables)?

potential "target speakers" are ProAc response D Two (bookself) or PMC GB1i / Spendor A6 (floorstanders)...

i'd rather go with floorstanders as i like them as design and full body sound BUT maybe that is not a wise decision for such (10-20 m2) rooms .. what do you think?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Whether you use floorstanders or stand mounts has little to do with room size (unless the room is so tiny they have to be wall/shelf mounted.)

A pair of standmounts sitting atop decent stands (like Partingtons) will occupy just as much space as many floorstanders. Same 'footprint' and same height just less wood and more metal instead.

Wait until you have moved and got settled and heard the Epos speakers in the new room once it is furnished.

Trying to extrapolate what they will sound like in a whole new (bigger) environment based on their present performance/room interaction is not going to work.

The Epos speakers may 'open up' in a bigger room and suprise you. (And save you money.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts