new set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi can anyone help me, i am not a gadget man, i love all music and watch many films I am about to buy a new set up. Sony kdl46w4500,Yamaha 863 or sony 2400se amp, kef 2005.3 speakers, sony blueray s550, for approx £2400. any changes required.

Look forward to your answers

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Looks fine to me, just don't scrimp on cables. You'll need 2 HDMI cables (1 from the S550 to the 863/2400, and another from the 863/2400 to your TV.) And speaker cables.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for that, What would you suggest for amp the sony or yamaha? or will it not matter too much as i am novice

A

Anonymous

Ok will do. Going to keep on asking questions now. Sorry

Qu 1 will my old dvds sound/look any different/better

Qu 2 is it true with cables pay as much as you can for quality all round?

Qu 3 i have been told that psp3 is one of top buys for blueray why is this?

Roll on next week when tv ready

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Q1. Depends on your existing player, but yes.

Q2. You don't need to spend a fortune, but you will want to get decent cables. QED & Chord cables are probably the most ubiquitous and highly regarded on here.

Q3. PS3 (I don't own one), is meant to be a great Blu-Ray player, but I would say if gaming is of no interest to you, you're better off (including financially) going for the 550. (I have a 350, and think it's great). If you're a gamer, then the PS3 over the 550 seems like a no-brainer.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
No problem.

I'm sure others will pipe in with their recommendations and advice. Don't take my word (or any 1 persons word for that matter) as gospel. I help where I can, but I'm a well-informed enthusiast, not an expert.

*I'm so good, you thanked me twice!

;-)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Hello, agree with Big Chris, however, if it was me I would upscale your KEF's to the 3005se and get the Blu Ray player later as the oneone the PS3 will suffice, then you will see the benefit of the upgrade.

A

Anonymous

You might want to save some money and go for the S350 Blu-Ray player, especially if you are connecting it to the amp by HDMI only and use the amp to decode the audio. In this case I believe the S550 offers little in the way of advantages.

Richer sounds are doing a good deal on the sony amp and blu-ray playerÿ

Q2: I don't subscribe to the theory of spending a lot of money on digital interconnects e.g. HDMI cables, primarily because the data transfered is digital (1's & 0s), unless you are using long cable runs

Q3: The PS3 is seen as a good player as it is continually updated by sony meaning you don't end up with an outdated player which does not support the latest Blu-Ray profile etc. It also doubles up a a media client, with the ability to server up you videos, photo's from your PC etc - but getting this to work well is not easy

ÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts