New Pro Ac Response D18!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody and WHF team! I was wondering if there is going to be a review of these new Pro Ac D18 speakers anytime sooner? They seen like a good investment for a long run...

Any opinion about them?

A

Anonymous

hi- i own a pair of D15's and all i can say about them is : GLORIOUS. Refinement, soundstage, and integration between frequencies are superb. Midrange is just to die for. I auditioned the Refference, 1SC's, and studio 140. The D15's are on a different league. When the D18's came out I called Proac factory, spoke to one of the engineers and inquired whether i could do a direct swap of woofer (mid-range)- i was told not to even think about it. The only difference he said, if at all significant, was 'a tad mid range and a tad lower range'. so what i reccomend is to get hold of a pair of D15's for about £1500 if you can. Careful, they might not impress on a short audition. I myself was leaning towards the 1SC in the first audition, but latter changed my mind for the D15.

Roksan Kandy K2 amp, Arcam CD192, Chord Chameleon interconnect, Proac D15

A

Anonymous

Hi- i own a pair of Proac D15's and all i can say about them is this : GLORIOUS. Refinement, soundstage, the integration between frequencies is superb. Midrange is just to die for (if you like classical). Prior, I auditioned the Tablette's, 1SC's, and studio 140. The D15's are on a different league. When the D18's came out I called Proac factory, spoke to one of the engineers and inquired whether i could do a direct swap of woofer (mid-range)- i was told not to even think about it. The only difference he said, if at all significant, was 'a tad mid range and a tad lower range'. so what i reccomend is to get hold of a pair of D15's for about £1500 if you can. Careful, they might not impress on a short audition. I myself was leaning towards the 1SC in the first audition, but latter changed my mind for the D15. They go really well with Roksan Kandy amps, Cyrus, Primare and valve apms.

Roksan Kandy K2 amp, Arcam CD192, Chord Chameleon interconnect, Proac D15

A

Anonymous

Great!! Thanks for the answer! D15 is one of my favourite! Specially now, after your reply.

I have Naim XS amp and I am very satisfied with it. Do you think this amp will be good for these speakers? I have heard many times that Naim goes quite nice with ProAc's. At the moment I use Pro Ac's studio 110, and they are quite nice. But since the room I listen to the music is very big I also need good floorstanders.

I was also considering some good PMC's. Like FB1i.

Looks like couple of looong listening tests are needed.
emotion-40.gif

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
BrandoBg:

Hi everybody and WHF team! I was wondering if there is going to be a review of these new Pro Ac D18 speakers anytime sooner? They seen like a good investment for a long run...

Any opinion about them?

I have listened to proac and allthough they were the most expensive i listened to they sounded awful with my receiver.

On the opposite try a Dynaudio, they were very listenable for me.

But maybe they go well with your receiver, dunno.

You have to go listening to speakers with your naim as much as you can before buying!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for suggestion!!

I will try many combinations before buying, that is for sure!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
You should find the Proacs will suit the XS extremely well. Proac seems to be the most popular speakers with Naim at the moment for us, particularly the D28 and D38. You could also look at the ATC's, which are also a great match too. We have sold a lot of Dynaudio with Naim in the past, but they tend to give a very warm, bass heavy sound unless you can give them a lot of room to breathe, so audition those with caution.

A

Anonymous

Thanks!!

I think D28 and D38 are marvelous but very very expensive!! D18 or D15 are at appropriate price range. What do you think about these models particulary?

And what is your opinion about PMC FB1i and Spendor A6? Will they fit well with XS?

Hi BBg

I hope you will not mind me replying.

All the speakers you mention should work well with your amp. However you i believe that you should also consider adding to that list ATC's SCM40's. They feature ATC's state of the art studio soft dome mid range unit which aids in providing a neutral presentation and will help the amp to breathe.

http://www.atc.gb.net/scm40.htm

http://www.atc.gb.net/studioDriveUnits.htm

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks Musicraft!!

I will take those ATC's under considiration. But I am not quite sure that I can find those in my country...
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Still no reply from WHF! Too bad.

I will try D28 at my dealer's place next week. Will post some comments.

Unfortunately, they don't have D18 at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts