New Philips Essence

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

New here, but here goes. Has anyone got any experience of the new Philips Essence? It's a cracking looking set, but I'm not sure whether it's just a style gimmick or whether there's any real substance to it,

Any opinions or advice as to its overall quality would be great - I don't want to shell out nearly two grand on a lemon!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Simon - any clues as to performance or will I have to wait?

A

Anonymous

Oh dear - buy and be damned or don't buy and watch the price (currently £1799 in John Lewis) revert to the two grand RRP.

Choices!

Bazzy

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Philips also have another Essence type of series coming out very soon - I think it is the 7440 Series - in 42" & 47" - Looks very slick indeed but not much info available - you may want to compare!

ÿ

Bazzy!ÿ

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
A message from Clare earlier mentioned that the new range of Phillips tv`s would be announced before this weekend and we should be getting some info online soon after.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed - our intrepid reporter, Tom Parsons, flies off to Philips this afternoon and returns on Saturday (and then he's coming to work the rest of the weekend at the Bristol Show. I'm a slave-driver!)

If he gets a moment to breathe, the story will be up by the weekend -if not, it'll be Monday (or you can interrogate him for the details if you're at the Show..._

A

Anonymous

This is all most interesting - but still no clues as to whether it's any good or whether I'd simply be annihilating a couple of grand that would have been better spent on a few decent cases of Burgundy!

emotion-6.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
CPE:
Hi,

New here, but here goes. Has anyone got any experience of the new Philips Essence? It's a cracking looking set, but I'm not sure whether it's just a style gimmick or whether there's any real substance to it,

Any opinions or advice as to its overall quality would be great - I don't want to shell out nearly two grand on a lemon!

I had a look at it last w/end. I think it looks astoundingly good and well made and the picture is very impressive. It has a slightly less dazzling picture than the RGB/LED philips set that was hung next to it (even more expensive) but looks much nicer and these were shop settings so unless you calibrate both, mean very little. If I had to change my screen for a smaller model than it would be very high up the list. In fact I can't think of anything I'd rather have hung up in my living room and the self leveling bracket is genius.

John Duncan

drummerman:CPE:
Hi,

I had a look at it last w/end. I think it looks astoundingly good and well made and the picture is very impressive. It has a slightly less dazzling picture than the RGB/LED philips set that was hung next to it (even more expensive) but looks much nicer and these were shop settings so unless you calibrate both, mean very little. If I had to change my screen for a smaller model than it would be very high up the list. In fact I can't think of anything I'd rather have hung up in my living room and the self leveling bracket is genius.

(listen to this man*)

*generally

TRENDING THREADS