New Lynyrd Skynyrd on vinyl?

A

Anonymous

can't find anything saying it is, but can you suggest a good album to start with or should i just get the greatest hits?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Aren't they all dead?

Since when has that stopped anyone making a new album?

(Apparently one fully original band member is still alive and some guy who drummed for them briefly in 1970 then came back in 1996.)

I still have to leave the room if 'Freebird' is played. It almost became our city's official anthem in the 1970s with every single sailor on shore leave playing it on every single pub Juke-box for a couple of years! *

Apparently - if people were to be believed at the time - it seemed that every single teenager in the UK personally witnessed the Knebworth Lynard Skynard performance and would air-guitar the whole of 'Freebird' to prove it if allowed to. Gaaaargghh!

* Sometimes their 'girlfriends' would be allowed to play Meatloaf in between multiple "Freebird's". Gaaaargghhý

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
fast eddie:can't find anything saying it is, but can you suggest a good album to start with or should i just get the greatest hits?

I hear what Chebby is saying but I grew up listening to my Dad playing LS. Second Helping is a good album.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
I only know their two most ubiquitous songs and could quite happily exist without having to hear them ever again. That said, they seem to have had, along with The Allman Brothers, a tonsorial and apparently a musical influence on my favourite band of recent years, My Morning Jacket.

So may Spotify accordingly.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
chebby:
I still have to leave the room if 'Freebird' is played. It almost became our city's official anthem in the 1970s with every single sailor on shore leave playing it on every single pub Juke-box for a couple of years! *

Tell me about it chebby, wish i had a quid for every time ive heard it. Back then i think it was around 50p ( may have been less ) for seven picks on the jukebox,and yup quite often if the pub didnt have many punters it was bloody freebird x 7.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I've had a quick whizz through my LS albums and you can't really go wrong with any of them. Pronounced, Second Helping, Nuthin' Fancy and Gimme Back My Bullets are all good albums.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
"Freebird"? A staple diet of Manchester's 106.1 Rock FM station. I've heard it so many times over the years I have to turn it off when it comes on now. It does go on a bit, doesn't it?

On 106.1 Rock FM it is mandatory that "Freebird", "All Right Now", "Stairway To Heaven" and Ozzie's "Crazy Train" are played at least twice every single day without fail. These commercial rock stations have such a massive selection to pick from yet seem to have a miniscule playlist that they rotate with boring regularity.I mean, I like Free, but they did record other songs than "All Right Now".

TRENDING THREADS