New Kid Posing A Question That Hasnt Been Asked Before??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear Forum,

I have really enjoyed reading your posts and pose the following question should it be worth an answer as I havent found a similar question been asked?

To quote WHF-SV terminology what difference/tangiable improvements can a HI-FI novice expect from comparing the following groups?:
  • Budget System
  • Midrange System
  • High End System
For further support perhaps one could compare it to my current C/A 640 Azur '05 set up with Project III, Diamond 9.1 L/S, Equinox stand, Atlas bi-wire, C/A interconnects, Atacama speaker stands.

If tolerated I will ask further Q's on which sub and poss' upgrades. I love my HI-FI although it has taken 2yrs to finally enjoy it! (too many house moves to mention!) and now taking upgrades (Cyrus sounds great!)

Nice One!

Danny

A

Anonymous

Hi Thaiman,

Appreciate your reply, I am attempting to ask what improvements can I expect from different price range HIFI components perhaps using my budget set up as a measure?

For instance what would the Cyrus pairing give me over a lesser spec/price option? and again from the high end price range?

Thanks Sir!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
From my experienced, in genaral the higher you go, the better it is until you reach the highest end which you may end up changing your music taste due to the transparancy may not suited to many mainstream recording.

[quote user="Saund77"]For instance what would the Cyrus pairing give me over a lesser spec/price option?[/quote]

I am not the biggest Cyrus fan out there but no denying in their easy to enjoy sound (my 2nd system is a Cyrus based) that will suited to most people's taste in music and for that point alone I can see why they won awards after awards so I would expect they to sound better than budget set up although I found many cd players under £800 sound quite similar!.

The high end, however would sound so much better than mid range system. The main different is you will have "living, breathing musicians in front of you" and it very addictive....I miss my hi-end electronics (I kept the speakers when I downgraded)

The best way to upgrade from budget system is to buy ex-demo and 2nd hand as you get a lot more for your cash. For example you can buy a set of Cyrus CD8x & Power supply for £600, 2nd hand which would sound better than brand new Roksan Kandy imo.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to be a bit harsh and say,high-end,is a(bit off)a rip off,there is no way some boxes of electronics costs the amount of money being charged,especially when some highly priced audio is just rebadged,marketed differently.

Some truly outstanding,high sound quality systems can be put together for,a modest amount,but which would still be considered madness by 99% of the population.

Look for components that work together,or call it synergy,some components just work well with other kit,I've heard a few that manage it.For example I've heard the £400 Revolver RW16 sounding stunning on equipment way above their price level,you just need to find the magic system that suits the balance you like,you can't put a price on it.

A

Anonymous

Nice one Silly!

I am conscious not to become a gullible Consmer in regards to my upgrade.

I posed the question originally as i really enjoy my current set up and but think "What If..." !

Regards

Danny

A

Anonymous

Thnaks Thaiman,

What are these sub £800 players you talk of?!

Regards

Danny

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="silly"]For example I've heard the £400 Revolver RW16 sounding stunning on equipment way above their price level[/quote]

I never rate them that highly myself but if the revolver float you boat!
My neat are retail at around £5,000 and they would show £10,000 JBL the door, similarly at my last hifi party the puresound amp (£1,000) sounded better than Pink Triangle amp (£3,000) pic below...
Pink-Int

So yes, the more expensive is does not mean better but Silly, you must agree that most High-end, when match correctly will totally out class the budget to midrange systems.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts