new house, new tv

cardboard dave

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Just moved into my brand new house with a huge lounge(ive been living in a poky 1 bedroom flat for last 12 months).Figure now is the time to invest in a shiny new tv to replace my 28in lg.

After looking in a few shops and trawling the internet Ive come to the conclusion that i havnt got the foggiest on what to buy.from reading these forums i figure the important info is.

screen size:55 or 60

my budget is around £1500 less if possible

quite a dark room away from sunlight

smart and 3d arn't as impotant as pcture quality all though i figure you cant have one without the other.

will watch all my tv on sky hd and bluray movies sound will come from a yet to be purchased sound bar

Please help!

D

Deleted member 2457

cardboard dave said:
Just moved into my brand new house with a huge lounge(ive been living in a poky 1 bedroom flat for last 12 months).Figure now is the time to invest in a shiny new tv to replace my 28in lg.

After looking in a few shops and trawling the internet Ive come to the conclusion that i havnt got the foggiest on what to buy.from reading these forums i figure the important info is.

smart and 3d arn't as impotant as pcture quality all though i figure you cant have one without the other.

will watch all my tv on sky hd and bluray movies sound will come from a yet to be purchased sound bar

Please help!

This one:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=43_51&products_id=4766

Then you have the Panasonic 55vt65 just over budget at £1750. I would buy the Panasonic.

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I would recommend the Sony 55w905a got it from John lewis for 1500 and it replaced my trusted pioneer krp500a, I was extremely hesitant to go from plasma to lcd , but I can't fault the thing blu-ray looks stunning , 3d is great , only negative is that sd content looked better on my kuro , but that might just be my settings, seen many reviews comment on viewing angle issues , my set seems ok, with zero loss in quality vertically and slight color loss on extreme horizontal shifts.

Defo worth an audition.

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung PS60F5500 60" plasma TV for £900-1000.

cardboard dave said:

Please help!

farawaydave

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Im looking as well got it down to 3.The sony 55w905a,the samsung ue558500 and the pana vt65 I cant make up my mind tho the vt65 is a bit dearer

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

farawaydave said:
Im looking as well got it down to 3.The sony 55w905a,the samsung ue558500 and the pana vt65 I cant make up my mind tho the vt65 is a bit dearer

The VT65 might just edge it, but as a Panasonic plasma owner, I know you have to be aware of possible problems with permanent image retention amongst other things, so if you are a gamer, I would personally pick one of the other tvs, as some dealers don't regard image retention as a fault, and Panasonic definitely don;t.

Sorry for the long sentence.

farawaydave

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
Im a an avid plasma fan my current tv is the th50pz80 and its been great for the last 7 years but with the currrnt prices on 2013 models thought id trade up a size.gonna be march before i can afford it tho hope there are still some around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts