new cd player

dogbower

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi

My aged Denon is not reading discs anymore so its time to replace it.

My system is not that fancy but we like the sound it gives for a variety of music styles we listen to.

Amp/ pre amp Quad, speakers are TDL KV1, cd player was Denon DCD 625.

We will only be listening to CDs through this.

Marantz Cd6006 is looking like a good choice, but always looking at spending less, Superfi have older models on offer, such as Denon DCD720ae for £174.

Any thoughts or other sugestions would be welcome, max budget would be at the Marantz price, so £349

Thanks Stuart.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
You could do a lot worse than what I have recently bought, an ex demo NAD C 546BEE from Sevenoaks Audio. The full 5 year warranty and £200 off the RRP. I've been really impressed with it's performance.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the marantz 6005 and didn't like it.it left me feeling a bit cold but has good detail.for this money I would go straight to eday for a secondhand Arcam or cyrus

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm very pleased with the above cd player which currently costs £169. It adds a little assertiveness to my marantz amp and has a silent loading mechanism which is more than can be said for the cambridge topaz that proceeded it (in fairness more expensive cambridge cd players have a better cd mechanism).

slice said:
I'm very pleased with the above cd player which currently costs £169. It adds a little assertiveness to my marantz amp and has a silent loading mechanism which is more than can be said for the cambridge topaz that proceeded it (in fairness more expensive cambridge cd players have a better cd mechanism).

I think for a good neutral sound and solid build quality I would be aiming for the Denon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts