New CD player to replace CA640 V2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I am looking for a either second hand or new CD player to replace the CA one in my bedroom. I would prefer a smoother sound than the one I got now.

I have epos M5 speakers, Creek Evo amp (MK1) and CHord Silver Screen speaker cable, as well as Atlas Equator.

I was looking at the creek evo CD player, but I don't know if £400 would be more of a sideward move, or can I get something that is more of a step up in sound quality?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Phil

matthewpiano

Add a Musical Fidelity V-DAC to your 640C. The Cambridge transports are excellent and the V-DAC will bring huge dividends in terms of warmth, atmosphere and musicality. At only £150 it could fulfil your needs completely and leave money for more music.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, I will check out both.

So the Dac goes in between the cd and amp?

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The creek evo would be an upgrade to the 640c v2 (use to own the 640) its a little warmer more natural sounding and balanced tonally. The consonance cd 120 linear is better again, being more open and better detailed and more natural mids.

Cheers,

Steve.

potboyslim:

Hi All,

I am looking for a either second hand or new CD player to replace the CA one in my bedroom. I would prefer a smoother sound than the one I got now.

I have epos M5 speakers, Creek Evo amp (MK1) and CHord Silver Screen speaker cable, as well as Atlas Equator.

I was looking at the creek evo CD player, but I don't know if £400 would be more of a sideward move, or can I get something that is more of a step up in sound quality?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Phil

For that sort of budget you could pick-up an Arcam CD192. They work very well with Creek, and was Arcam flagship (DIVA Range). Alternatively, other than Rega Apollo, you should be able to buy a s/hand Exposure 2010s, which is another cracker and will out perform your Cambridge.

T

the record spot

matthewpiano:Add a Musical Fidelity V-DAC to your 640C. The Cambridge transports are excellent and the V-DAC will bring huge dividends in terms of warmth, atmosphere and musicality. At only £150 it could fulfil your needs completely and leave money for more music.

This is good advice, although I'd also add that if you like the 640 sound, then a good upgrade could be the Exposure 2010 which will be a used option and set you back around £250-£300 from a dealer. Your £400 might, if you're lucky, get you a 2010s on ex-dem.

Good CDP, there's more love for the Rega Apollos and Arcams around here, but I'd be checking out the Exposure too with your budget. Build quality is excellent too.

the record spot:matthewpiano:Add a Musical Fidelity V-DAC to your 640C. The Cambridge transports are excellent and the V-DAC will bring huge dividends in terms of warmth, atmosphere and musicality. At only £150 it could fulfil your needs completely and leave money for more music. This is good advice, although I'd also add that if you like the 640 sound, then a good upgrade could be the Exposure 2010 which will be a used option and set you back around £250-£300 from a dealer. Your £400 might, if you're lucky, get you a 2010s on ex-dem. Good CDP, there's more love for the Rega Apollos and Arcams around here, but I'd be checking out the Exposure too with your budget. Build quality is excellent too.

Snap!
emotion-4.gif

T

the record spot

Ha, yes, just saw your earlier entry. Not sure why the Exposure seems to have fallen out of favour (in a manner of speaking). If I was in the £600 kit price bracket, I'd be adding that one to the shortlist at the drop of hat. Before I upgraded to the Marantz I use currently, it was on the list as well as the Yamaha and Rega.

TRENDING THREADS