NEW BLU RAY PLAYER - HELP NEEDED

malg

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I have the Sony W4500 TV and Sony S350 blu ray player. I am happy with both purchases, but as always, after reading reviews, I would like to know if upgrading my blu ray player is going to make a noticeable difference to my viewing. I watch lots of blu rays and I have a decent collection of DVDs. I am impressed with the DVD upgrading on the S350, and it is important that if I do upgrade, the next blu ray player is also a good upgrader. I don't have a home cinema set up, as the 'long haired general' doesn't think it is needed, and says the TV is loud enough! I got my own way with my HI-FI separates, so this is an argument I won't win.....well this year anyway.

Therefore, I want to know if the Panasonic DMP55, or the Denon 2500BT would make any difference, or is the fact that I am not going the whole nine yards with the home cinema set up mean that the S350 is enough for my viewing needs. As I have said, the picture from the TV and S350 is good, but can I get better from a blu ray upgrade? Thanks for any impartial advice anyone out there can give.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Given that you are only going to run it into the TV, and not using a surround sound system, I think your current player will be more than adequate for the present.

If you ever manage to swing a surround set-up it may be worth upgrading the BD player, but until then I wouldn't bother.

malg

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Andrew, thanks for the honest advice. My local dealer would probably have talked me into spending around £400. I will have a chat with the general and get her views on a home cinema package.......I'm on holiday this week so I have a full 4 days to butter her up. Best get off to Interflora!

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I've got the same player and TV. But I've also got an amplifier and speakers. You really are missing out without surround sound. Even my g/f comments that the TV sounds "tinny" when the surround sound is switched off.

malg

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Looks like I'll have to do some work. What amplifier and speakers are you running with? I don't have the biggest of front rooms (about 18' x 12'), and am sure it would make a difference to my viewing. If I can find out what would be a good buy for me, then price it on line, I think I could sell the idea to the missus......hope she's not reading this!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts