New b&w 600 series

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
The 600 series has been out for a whole now and I think my dealer was hinting a new 600 series will be coming out in September. Can anyone confirm this or know anything about it?

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Seeing as September is about 3 weeks away, I highly doubt it. I have to speak to ours on Monday, so I'll double check with him, but nothing has been mentioned so far.

Is your's Paul?

Anyways, I'd be surprised if we didn't see a new range sooner rather than later. I point to the PM1 and CM10 as well as the newer M1s as developments that could lead to a change in the 600 series.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, Paul's our rep.

I think B&W have pushed the 600 series as far as it'll go for the budget. The only way they can do better is to increase the price. If they increase the price, they'll then be stepping on the toes of the CM series.

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
True, but they improved the M1s with a slight price jump. I would imagine that they might be able to do something, even from just a marketing point of view.

As an aside, if you could tell Clewesy that Ben from Lincoln wishes him the best. Always got on with Paul (well, all the Paul's really, every other rep seems to be called Paul!) when I was in hifi retail, but never got the chance to thank him for his support.

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I maybe be mistaken. I was talking to my dealer about home cinema speakers and he said wait until September.

What home cinema speakers should I audition with a Arcam AVR400?

Cheers

JacktheHead

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Just spoke to the rep - nothing.

Real shame, but would a rep be allowed to say anything? I have a feeling its not too far away. Been out for a while and competetion is catching up. With all the devlopments in the PM1 etc I can see them wanting to share that R&D with a new series.

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
I love cars more than hifi and I used to go into car dealerships and ask questions about new models coming out and they would always say they were not aware of any new model. It used to annoy me so much.

manicm

David@FrankHarvey said:
Yeah, Paul's our rep.

I think B&W have pushed the 600 series as far as it'll go for the budget. The only way they can do better is to increase the price. If they increase the price, they'll then be stepping on the toes of the CM series.

From what I've read - I've only heard the CM1 - the CM range does not seem anything really great or special apart from the new CM10. It certainly does not represent great value either in the light of KEF's R series.

I maintain they probably will replace the 600 series using trickle-down design from the PM1, and perhaps ditch the lacklustre standmount CM models.

Deliriumbassist said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Ben

Where did you work please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Can I ask why? Not biting your head off or anything, just curious.

Hi Ben

I was just curious too. I think i have got you mixed up with someone else in Lincoln. Sorry
smiley-embarassed.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Deliriumbassist said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Ben

Where did you work please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Can I ask why? Not biting your head off or anything, just curious.

Hi Ben

I was just curious too. I think i have got you mixed up with someone else in Lincoln. Sorry
smiley-embarassed.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

The's been a lot of Ben's at various hifi shops in Lincoln over the past few years :p I was at the bright green place.

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
Video of the B&W 600 Series speakers and demo room from the Bristol Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuGj_p77rbE

The room sounded pretty damn good for a hotel room. The review of the new 685s is on the way...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts