New audio portable speaker

nuno_sousa84

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody,

Can you advice me a good audio portable speaker to pair with my smartphone to take with me on trips. I have made a small list from what i gather around:

JBL FLIP 6

JBL Charge 5

JBL xtreme 3

Sonos era 100

Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 Gen 2

I love music and im a bit picky about sound quality. At home i have 2 Neumann studio speakers. Obviously i cannot ask for miracles on a portable speaker and also keep the price in mind, but still any comments and advices would be welcome. I listen to jazz, synth wave, rock, folk,...

Thank you

Hi everybody,

Can you advice me a good audio portable speaker to pair with my smartphone to take with me on trips. I have made a small list from what i gather around:

JBL FLIP 6

JBL Charge 5

JBL xtreme 3

Sonos era 100

Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 Gen 2

I love music and im a bit picky about sound quality. At home i have 2 Neumann studio speakers. Obviously i cannot ask for miracles on a portable speaker and also keep the price in mind, but still any comments and advices would be welcome. I listen to jazz, synth wave, rock, folk,...

Thank you
If your budget will stretch to it then I strongly suggest you look at the Dali Katch G2
If the current model is too expensive look for the original version which was simply called the Katch

Reactions: jjbomber

nuno_sousa84

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Thank you. Was not able to find the original version here at my country. The Dali Katch G2 is around 500 euros here and even then not easy to find. A bit pricey. Do you have a next option in mind price and quality wise?

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I have the audio pro addon c10 and it's too bulky for travel and also has no built in battery, so needs a socket to be any use,
I take a wee Sony srs-x55 when I'm off to the med, brilliant size, sound quality is adequate for what I use it for and I'm sure you could find one for not a lot of money on that well known auction site.

nuno_sousa84

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for the suggestions. So as i understand JBL does not offer any superior choice for the price, i mean for more or less i can get a better speaker? How about Sonos and Bang & Olufsen? I find the second too tiny it does not seem to have much punch no?

So this was the best prices i could find in amazon Spain:

JBL Charge 5 – 179,99 € (960 g)

JBL xtreme 3 – 289,99 € (1,97 Kg)

Sonos era 100 – 279,99 € (2,02 Kg)

Bang & Olufsen Beosound A1 Gen 2 – 239,99 € (558 g)

Dali Katch G2 – 404,58 € (1,1 Kg)

Audio Pro Addon C3 – 202,29 € (2.1 Kg)

Soundcore Motion X600 – 203,29 € (2 Kg)

Sony XG300 – 219,99 € (3 Kg)

About the prices i find them quite acceptable, except maybe the Dali. Is it really worth it to pay almost more 200 euros for it? Now if you notice i put the weight of each one and im not even considering the dimensions. Why? Well the thing is that i will take the speaker with me on abroad trips by plane. And as you know there is weight limits by luggage. I have to be honest though almost all of them are 2kg or above :)

TRENDING THREADS