New amplifier to go with Dali Zensor 5

peter h

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Have recently bought Dali Zensor 5 as old speakers tweeters gave up. Now looking to replace amp and/or cd - currently have Marantz cd 63 mk ii KI + Marantz pm7200 KI. Love the sound of the Zensors but the set up is now a bit shouty and some of my rock cd's sound pretty awful really - never really been happy with Marantz amp (preferred my old arcam delta 290)

Like all sorts of music but mainly rock. Looking for amp - new or second hand with good bass and probably a smoother sound than I have now

Room size about 15 x 12 foot Budget about £1000 max

Any suggestions gratefully received

Thanks

Hi peter h

You should also consider Hegel's H80 amp/DAC. Connect your CDP using digital out to the H80 for superior CD playback and together with the quality of amplification for a fluid, tight, weighty, punchy, powerful and dynamic sound.

As for a used amplifier look at a NAD C370.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

paulselwood

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I had a Dali Zensor 5 connect to my Arcam A19. I found the sound to smooth. So sold them on ebay, then put my epos epic 1 back on. I would have a long listen to any speakers you get.

peter h

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your input - in view of price drop, opted for a Musical Fidelity M6i - very pleased but slight fault on lhs channel so back to mf for repair. Now looking at cd to repalce ageing Marantz cd62 mk 11 ki sig

Maxprocrj

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi peter h

You should also consider Hegel's H80 amp/DAC. Connect your CDP using digital out to the H80 for superior CD playback and together with the quality of amplification for a fluid, tight, weighty, punchy, powerful and dynamic sound.

As for a used amplifier look at a NAD C370.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi..

Getting a Rubicon 2 very soon...currently have Zensor 3...

Sold my last amp....I don't like too laid back sound .....Hegel (heard its Bass is not that strong like others mentioned here..),Exposure S2d or creek 100a or anything else in gbp 1500 +-

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts