New Amplifier help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have blown my Arcam Alpha plus so am now in the search of a new amp. I have a Roksan Kandy mk lll and a pair of Mission774's. I listen mainly to classic rock ie; Rush, Van Halen, Queen, Satriani, Yes, Genesis etc and the likes of Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Chilli peppers etc. I like to feel the bass not just hear it. I know tone controls are a big no-no with purists however I like to krank the bass and treble up to the max. Infact i cant remember the last time I had them set at level. I want a new amp that gives me a thunderous bass and have about a £1000 to spend. Any suggestions anyone?

A

Anonymous

MUSICAL FIDELITY A5 would be a good choice. 250 W per channel. look on the well known auction site. should have all the power u need :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JAXON5"]MUSICAL FIDELITY A5 would be a good choice. 250 W per channel. look on the well known auction site. should have all the power u need :)[/quote]
Superb amp...

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gpi"]A Krell 400Xi would suit you more possibly but you'd have to spend nearly twice as much even s/h[/quote]

Krell has it's own way of producing bass and only can be descripe as "MEATY"

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies y'all , i guess now I'll have to give the amps suggested a listen.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
valve amps have the best bass iv'e ever heard, should be a few in your price range. icon audio. bewitch and pure sound to name a few, if you come across the affordable valve company, google it and see what people say about them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts