gary toots slade

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
hi guys..

i'm new here ... i love my hifi but i'm looking for advice.. i;m thinking about a new amplifier to replace my ageing linn intek which is now on it's 25th birthday. there's nothing wrong with it but it was never the greatest amp and inspired by my latest purchases i'm wondering if i should look at upgrading and what to..

my current set-up is ..

amp - linn intek

cd - cambridge audio azur 651c

turntable - project carbon .. using acambridbe audio azur 651p phono pre amp

speakers - an ageing pair of royd edens

i have everything connected with quality cables

tbh i'm very happy with the set up but i have this nagging voice in my head that keep's telling me i need a new amp.. i have been umming and arring about the cambridge cxa60 but mostly as richer sounds is easy accsess for me (decent hifi shops are a rarity in west yorkshire)..

what do you guys think ?.. any advice would be great..

ps browsing ebay i came across a linn intek power amp and was wondering about going down that route if i could use my intek as a pre amp ??

many thanks..

gary toots slade said:
hi guys..

i'm new here ... i love my hifi but i'm looking for advice.. i;m thinking about a new amplifier to replace my ageing linn intek which is now on it's 25th birthday. there's nothing wrong with it but it was never the greatest amp and inspired by my latest purchases i'm wondering if i should look at upgrading and what to..

my current set-up is ..

amp - linn intek

cd - cambridge audio azur 651c

turntable - project carbon .. using acambridbe audio azur 651p phono pre amp

speakers - an ageing pair of royd edens

i have everything connected with quality cables

tbh i'm very happy with the set up but i have this nagging voice in my head that keep's telling me i need a new amp.. i have been umming and arring about the cambridge cxa60 but mostly as richer sounds is easy accsess for me (decent hifi shops are a rarity in west yorkshire)..

what do you guys think ?.. any advice would be great..

ps browsing ebay i came across a linn intek power amp and was wondering about going down that route if i could use my intek as a pre amp ??

many thanks..

Pretty sure the power amp route is not the one to take. The Linn s are as you say 25+ years old and as you are itching to get a new one why not rather than another 25 year old one.

The,CA amp should obviously match your CD player well but can only urge you to audition as much as you can, you may find a better partner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts