New Amp to power KEF Q5 floorstanders

ashleykr145

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My NAD C320 BEE died yesterday so I am now in the market for a new amplifier. As this is unexpected I am rather tight on a budget (wanted to upgrade in a couple of years), at around £300 - 450 tops. I primarily run my Pro-ject Debut III through it, but also used it with my PS3 for films etc.

I'm not very good at describing the sound of amplifiers or anything, but liked the open rich sound (I think) that the NAD produced. I've been looking at the Marantz P6005 as a replacement, but was wondering whether there were any other alternatives I should consider. I do like the fact this one has a digital input too (a future acquisition will be the PS4 which doesn't have an analogue output) although this is far from essential.

Thanks

Ashley

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
If you like NAD sound why not a new NAD like C356BE digital version with a Pro-ject phono box?

if it too expensive NAD D 3020 + phono box.

Or even Rotel RA-12, it has all, digital and phono.

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
If you're willing to venture down the S/H market, you could grab yourself something of much higher quality for the top end of your budget. Example: I recently saw a Marantz PM Pearl Lite KI Signature for £420.

In my opinion, Cyrus work well with those speakers. A Cyrus 6 might be an idea, no digital input though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts