New Amp Required

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Due to being made reduntant recently ive had to downgrade my hifi completly (gutted) and am in need of a new Amp

budget no more than £250 less if possible and second hand is fine

Im currently using a Sony STR-DH820 av amp which strangley sounds not bad but does sound closed in i.e the sound is between the speakers but not beyond and not much depth but has ample bass, midrange pretty good, highs average.

my current speakers are Tannoy V4 and im using a Arcam irdac and spotify from a macbook pro and apple aiport express

any suggestions welcome

Im currenty watching a Roksan Kandy Llll currently @ £150 but i suspect will sell for a lot more on the bay

also concidered a new Marantz 6005

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE

I no one replyed to me (In just a few short hours)

But ive just purchased an exposure 1010 amp for £215 in mint condition.

just looking foward to getting it set up and enjoying my music

its been a tough few weeks and hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel

:)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The Mad One said:
UPDATE

I no one replyed to me (In just a few short hours)

But ive just purchased an exposure 1010 amp for £215 in mint condition.

just looking foward to getting it set up and enjoying my music

its been a tough few weeks and hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel

:)

That is a very nice amp for the money, take some time to get it and the setup right.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.....and that your purchase gives you pleasure.

Hope the future works out better for you.

*drinks*

matthewpiano

Great amp. Its great value at £440, but at the price you got it for it is a steal.

When the job situation gets sorted the amp will definitely withstand any future source/speaker upgrades you might have in mind.

Hope things come right for you soon.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I've got my eye on that Roksan aswell - No way will it stay at that price!!!

If it's any consolation I've been made redundo twice and ended up with much MUCH better jobs within 6months each time

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Guys for your kind words, the Amp arrived yesterday and is settling in very well im really suprised at how grown up it sounds the speakers are lapping it up im guessing the sound will improve even more when its got a few hours on it Exposure recommend 48 hours.

Knaithrover- did you manage to purchase the Roksan amp it went for a lot less than i thought so someone bagged a bargain there.

Once again thanks

Looks like you have got a great buy there, and I too send my best wishes for your next job. I've have also been in that boat, and put dozens that way too, but as others have said it really is an opportunity, and for many has been a great move - though I realise that can easily seem a bit trite. Hopefully you have had a amicable parting.

All the best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts