New amp or floorstanders?

jbell25

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, this is my first post and im in need of a little advice for my next purchase. My dilema is, new receiver or floorstanders? Ive had my current setup for the last 6 years and im itching to upgrade. Money wise I have up to £500. I used to have floorstanders before I bought my B&W package but I have been missing them. What do yas think??

Peter Kudelstaart

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with your receiver. In fact your receiver is excellent! I would go for new or second hand floorstanders. Your receiver is quite powerful so it can handle most floorstanders. Home cinema speakers of the kind that you have may sound well enough when watching movies. When you are playing music or concert dvd's the limitations of satellite speakers become apparant. It's up to you if you want to go back to your old speakers or try something different. For 500 quid there's quit a lot to choose from, especially second hand. Your receiver deserves very nice speakers so second hand would be my choice.

jbell25

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Peter for reply. been thinking today about standmounters as i have the pv1 there for the low down stuff. looking at the q acoustics 2020i and the matching stands. gonna get a demo at my local rs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts