New Amp for Squeezebox set-up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I'm in the market for a new amplifier for my Squeezebox 3 based set-up. Only criteria really are that: a) Must be able to drive two sets of speakers independantly (i.e. A/B switching), as it feeds a second set of speakers in the kitchen b) Must be sub £500 c) Must sound good when used with my MA RS1s I'm currently running the Squeezebox through its analogue outputs and while happy enough with the sound I'm wondering whether an A/V amp with built in D/A converter might be a viable option as I would ideally also like a receiver so I get a built in radio (ideally DAB but FM ok). I have no real interest in surround sound so this would only ever be a two-channel system so current thinking is that a normal stereo amp fed by the the Squeezebox's analogue output is probably the way to go. What about a cheaper amp plus external DAC? Main criteria really is sound quality on a budget. Any advice?

mattc76

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi James.

My system is based around a squeezebox 3 plugged into a Beresford external DAC and then into a NAD amp(C352). The good thing about the NAD amp is that the controller can control the squeezebox - i was sceptical at first about the usefulness of this but it is fantastic. It will controll everything (apart from changing text size) and does it amazingly well - I have put my squeezebox controller away as I now never have to use it.

NAD C352 - £270 from superfii (RRP £380)

Beresford - £100 from Stan!

Job done

Actually this amp won't let you A/B as only one set of speaker terminals - but some of the others i think can - but anyway the NAD controller is seriously useful with the squeezebox!

Matt

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts