New Amp & CD Combo?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
All,

I'm in the fortunate position of having about £1200 to spend on an amp / CD combo. I will retain my speakers - Totem Dreamcatcher. What would you do if you were me?

A

Anonymous

I would have a poke the new Cyrus 8's would be a good pair with the Totem's, a bit more than £1200 but you should be able to get a decent deal when buying the pair. Other than that I think the Naim Nait/CD5i combo, again out of your price range but there are deals to be had!

The Totem's need a bit of a vigorous feeding to draw the best from them, even the Dreamcatcher's which could definitely make use of the detail provided by the combos above.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
I'd sell the totems, buy some AVI ADM9.1 and loads of music
emotion-5.gif

How do you like your sound mate?

A

Anonymous

drummerman:
I'd sell the totems, buy some AVI ADM9.1 and loads of music
emotion-5.gif

How do you like your sound mate?ÿ

Tempting, but how do you know he has a cd / amp in the first place

A

Anonymous

probably because he says he is wanting to buy a new cd and and amp. also the fact that he already has speakers...
both Naim and Cyrus combos recommended would be worth checking out as would either amp with the Arcam CD192 as source

A

Anonymous

Roksan Kandy LIII and a Rega Apollo (my previous system, and highly recommended for the money).

A

Anonymous

Hmmmmm....... I'm not really sure how I like my sound as I don't really have enough experience to describe it very well. I have a NAD amp and CD, and like the sound/tone, but would like more detail and separation.

I recently listened to a Kandy III amp, with speakers way more expensive than mine, but, despite the quality, I actually preferred my sound, which entirely bears out the fact that you shouldn't rely only on magazine reviews when buying kit. Which is why I'm looking for opinions here.

I have found a great deal on Cyrus. What do people think about Rega? I will listen to Naim and see what I think.

A

Anonymous

Arcam a32's are going for 680 online which is a very good price.ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thanks to everyone for the advice. In the end I plumped for the Cyrus 8 vs2 / CD 8x combo. I really enjoyed listening to the Naim but it was over my budget unfortunately.

I am using Chord Crimson interconnects, do you think the Cyrus interconnect will make a big difference to performance?

A

Anonymous

Isn't the Cyrus combo more expensive than the Naim? There is another thread nearby talking about the Cyrus interconnects, I can't say I've heard them, but your system deserves better than the Crimsons.

A

Anonymous

Can any on help , just got the marantz Cr603 got it all going , But i whant to connect my tower computer to it so when on the computer and on UTUBE i can hear the music , do they do a cable so i can plug in computer (like ear phone Jacks) to standerd tv sound jacks, Better still do they do anything so i can keep my computer speakers and just turn them of when whant to go through my unit for a biger sound

Thank Rich

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts