Network Music Server

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I thought about posting this in the MP3 forum; but really I am talking about audiophile CD quality sound. Current System: Monitor Audio - GS60 Speakers (great sound; a bit bright but image like crazy. Bryston BP26 Pre Amplifer with DAC. Bel Canto e.One REF1000 amplifiers (500 watts per channel into 8 ohms). Bel Canto PLayer: PL-2 universal player. So I have invested quite a bit into this system. Overall I am very happy with the sound. I have recently blown the dust off a Soundbridge M2000 Network Music Server I bought a couple of years ago. When using the analogue connections it sounds OK, but certainly not great. Out of interest used the digital connection to the Bryston and imported a few CD's with my Mac Book using the lossless AIFF option. When listening I am very impressed... dare I say it sounds great! Imaging is fine; and I believe that it has more punch than when played with the Bel Canto PLayer. I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced the same surprisingly impressive reaction to streaming uncompressed digital music to a good DAC.

A

Anonymous

Soon Macs will surpass McIntosh gear as the source to get!

A

Anonymous

Too true. i think there's a good chance they'll become commonplace by which time they'll rocket down in price as more brands make them. not worth it right now IMO

A

Anonymous

Frankly in terms of ease of use ripping to a hard drive (using iTunes) and streaming to a server (again using iTunes) really is simple; and totally cost effective.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts