Need new amp

Jonabernethy

Jun 29, 2021
Visit site
Currently running a Denon M40 dab through ma bronze two's with an iPod touch as my source,I want to significantly improve the sound quality but don't know what way to go,all in one again or separate amp,should I buy a streamer as well?should say I'm keeping the speakers and iPod ,recently listened to the audiolab 6000a and was disappointed,anyone with some good suggestions

Welcome!

I’m a bit rusty on iPods, but don’t they compress everything? If so, I’d not want to better amplify a compromised source.
Can you take your iPod along to a dealer to experiment, versus a proper streaming device? I recall I used to use a 3.5mm stereo jack to 2 RCA phono plugs in order to play mine on a Hifi.

If you’re in the UK, would this appeal?

Tinman1952

Currently running a Denon M40 dab through ma bronze two's with an iPod touch as my source,I want to significantly improve the sound quality but don't know what way to go,all in one again or separate amp,should I buy a streamer as well?should say I'm keeping the speakers and iPod ,recently listened to the audiolab 6000a and was disappointed,anyone with some good suggestions
I agree with nopiano that your iPod is probably the weak link. If using the headphone out you are limited by the internal DAC and output stage. If playing mp3 (or AAC) the source quality is compromised.
Have you tried a CD through the M40?

Florestander

May 8, 2021
Visit site
If you are considering streaming and wish to have an amplifier, you could do worse than consider the Bluesound Powernode which is a streamer with onboard amplification with 80w per channel (I believe). This is not a plug for the company, but I was auditioning some speakers this last weekend and had the opportunity to experience the Bluesound kit- I was very impressed with the sound quality and am considering using the node to my own set -up as a better streamer, - and with the bonus that it also has capability to stream music throughout my home (with additional speakers). Compared to other such systems they appear competitively priced with the bonus that you can add additional bits in as you like.

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts