Need More Bass

mailforeshgh

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I Have pair of DYNAUDIO EXCITE X38 speakers With YBA Heritage A100 Amplifier and i have light bass, and i need more punchy and tight bass, can anyone help me to buy a new amp wich have more bass?

mailforeshgh

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
in fact, YBA have forward midrange and light bass, so i decide to change my amp,

i want to buy an amplifier with heay sound, full of bass, so can anyone introduce me some amlifiers?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi there and welcome.

That's not a bad amp you have there, so I have a few questions:

- Have you tried moving your speakers closer to the wall?

- What is your Source?

- What is your budget?

- What brands do you have access to?

- What cables are you using?

mailforeshgh

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
HI

Thank you,

Digital Source: YBA Heritage CD100 & Shanling CD-T100

Analoge Source: Hanss T-20 With SME 3009 Tonearm and DENON DL-103R Cartridge

Cables: Neotech Single Core UPOCC

Budget: Max 2500 $

Brands: ONKYO, MARANTZ, NAD, PIONEER, DENON, YAMAHA, ROKSAN, KRELL, PATHOS, CONSONANCE, DUSSUN (V8i), PRIMARE, PERREAUX, ROTEL, YBA, T+A, VINCENT, ...

mailforeshgh

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Here is my Speaker Specification:
Technical SpecificationsSensitivity:88 dB (2,83 V/1 m)IEC Power Handling:>250 WImpedance:4 OhmsFrequency Response:34 Hz – 23 kHz (± 3 dB)Box Principle:Bass Reflex Rear PortedCrossover:3 wayCrossover Frequencies:550, 2000 HzCrossover Slope:6-12 dB/OctaveWoofer:2x 18 cm MSPMidrange:14 cm MSPTweeter:27 mm soft dome

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
As a general rule, I personally like to spend as much on the amp as the speakers....and Dynaudio can take a bit of controlling.

Of the brands you've listed, I like Pathos, Krell, Primare and Perreaux....but they have different presentations and I'm not sure which would work best with Dynaudio.

I suggest you try to either do some home dems, but failing that, bring your speakers to various Dealer's to try different combinations.

Do you have access to Hegel?

mailforeshgh

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
If i change my amp, it must be graeter than 250 watt into 4 ohms, i ask because Dynaudio indicated it in speaker specs?
Or it is not nessesary, and i can match an amplifier with less than 250 watts per channel?

mailforeshgh@yahoo.com said:
If i change my amp, it must be graeter than 250 watt into 4 ohms, i ask because Dynaudio indicated it in speaker specs? Or it is not nessesary, and i can match an amplifier with less than 250 watts per channel?

Not necessarily, that figure is the Maximum power handling, you do not need an amp that will deliver more than this.

Many of the amps you list you are not going to find for 2500 dollars unless you go second-hand. However if yo do this you are unlikely to be able to auydition them.

Can you find a Primare integrated for your budget? Thinking of the i22 or, better still the i32.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
If I had a pair of speakers with two 7" bass drivers in a slimline ported cabinet, I wouldn't be looking to change the amplifier in order to get the right quantity of good quality bass.

First of all I'd make sure the speakers were as well set up as they could be to give them the best chance to shine. If that failed I'd change the speakers. Or live with them if I was unable to change to speakers with larger drivers and possibly a sealed cabinet due to aesthetic reasons.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
If you have half a decent pair of speakers and amp, then the most likely culprit for poor bass is your room.

You can try moving things around - your speaker position, listening position, large bits of furniture.

if that doesn't work, you can explore room treatment, bass traps or some sort of digital room correction.

I bought a capable system that sounded terrible until I used digital room correction to tame a number of low frequency resonances.

gasolin

andyjm said:
If you have half a decent pair of speakers and amp, then the most likely culprit for poor bass is your room.

You can try moving things around - your speaker position, listening position, large bits of furniture.

if that doesn't work, you can explore room treatment, bass traps or some sort of digital room correction.

I bought a capable system that sounded terrible until I used digital room correction to tame a number of low frequency resonances.

Shouldn't you have improved your room instead of buying a digital room corretion ?

sheggs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
It is definately worth testing to see whether your problem does lie with the room first.

The lack of bass could be that you are sitting in a null. Nulls and peaks are both created in a room in the same way. So if you have a lack of bass it actually could be that you need to actually absorb more bass to correct it. As sound travels around a room it slowly decays over time, this is known as the decay of the frequency. Before it decays it travels around the room following various different room modes which are basically dictated by the the confines of that room. As it travels it interacts with itself and this is what creates those nulls and peaks.

So to reduce that decay time we ould absorb more of the bass, less of the bass then will be present to interact with itself.

Best steps to correcting this is to look at the room set up first and then move onto room acoustics. Main points to consider on the room set up include -

For clarity, I am defining the orientation as the front wall being the wall you are facing when seated at the mix and the rear/back wall as the wall behind you.

a) Facing the short wall – A lot of room mode issues are created by the back wall so ideally we would get the back wall as far away from us as possible

b) looking to be sat at 38% off the front wall (this is a good starting point as this is where the nulls and peaks effected by the length modes are the weakest)

c) SBIR (Speaker Boundary Interference Response). This is how the speakers respond to the environment around them. Often the advice is pull them put into the room but often closer to the walls can work better if there is going to be interference anyway.

d) Symmetry – In an ideal scenario we would have symmetry in the listening position, you will notice as we recommend treatment this is one of the concepts we will continue to keep in mind.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
gasolin said:
andyjm said:

Shouldn't you have improved your room instead of buying a digital room corretion ?

Errr, that's why I suggested 'move the speaker position, listening position, large bits of furniture, explore room treatment and bass traps' before digital room correction.

What other room improvements did you have in mind?

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
All the previous comments remain very valid, but if you are happy with everything else and you only wanted to "Add Bass", have you thought about adding an active subwoofer? Your amp has such an output and you may be able to borrow something from a dealer to try it.

TrevC

gasolin said:
andyjm said:

Digital room correction works much better. I added an antimode to my BK sub, the bass is astonishingly good now. All the boominess is gone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts