Need Advice - Speakers For Sonos

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy new speakers for a Sonos ZP100 Zoneplayer which will be used in a fairly large room (5m x 5.5m). Ideally, I would like some floorstanders because the wood finish would suit the room they will be used in, but obviously 'the look' is not the main concern. I realise the Zoneplayer may struggle to drive floorstanders, so would I be better considering standmounts on decent stands? I would only be put off the floorstanders if they were an absolute no-no, because if I could run them to a fairly decent level, I'd be quite happy.

I haven't auditioned yet and have no more in the budget for a dedicated amplifier, but would like to have the option of upgrading to an amp in the future (and swap the ZP100 for a ZP80).

Thanks.

P.S. Budget's £250-£350.

knacker

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
I also started a thread bout this a few days ago and had no replies. I would be very interested what and indeed if any kind sould replies

Ian

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes, I think with a system like the Sonos you'd be better going for a pair of standmount speakers on decent stands. Something like the Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom (£110), Cambridge Audio S30 (£120) or Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i (£150) - they're all available in wood finishes too.

As for stands, one of the best budget buys is the SoundStyle Z2 at £60.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts