Need advice please!!!

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
I currently have a dongle from T-mobile which connects me to the internet (wireless broadband). I want to also access the internet via my PS3. What do I need so it works with my wireless dongle? do I need a wirless router for my PS3?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

A

Anonymous

From when i looked into this i don't know if you can.

If it's a usb connection then it wouldn't work with a router.

your best bet might be setting up your laptop to share its internet connection with the ps3. Sadly i only know that it can be done (with other computers), but can't remember how to do it.

daveh75

Some mobile broadband networks have specific mobile b/band wireless router's that you can plug your usb dongle into which then allows you to share the connection wirelessly Although not sure if t-mobile do.

EDIT- it seem's t mobile do one. see here for info, though it looks as if it's only available to customers taking out a new contract.

A

Anonymous

I doubt that would work - presumably all machines connecting would need the T mobile manager software installed?

The only way I could connect my XBox through my T-mobile dongle was by connecting to a laptop - I guess the only other option would be to install Linux on your PS3. Ubuntu is now plug and play with mobile dongles (actually much quicker and easier than installing under Windows) but I presume that you actually want to connect the PS3 for gaming purposes rather than browsing and streaming, so I doubt this would be a solution for you either.

daveh75

tractorboy:I doubt that would work - presumably all machines connecting would need the T mobile manager software installed? Cant speak for the t-mobile one or the ps3 specfically,but it certainly works with my 3 router.Can connect all my wireless devices to it just like you can with a standard wifi router.

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, interesting. That would certainly make life a lot easier in my house.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts